Speculation: G Corey Schneider

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The only way I could see Sorokin starting in the AHL would be if he got banged up before the season started, or he arrived late due to a work visa issue, etc. and they used it as an opportunity to get him back into game shape with a short rehab assignment.

BKIsles

Jan 22, 2013
As people said above, this was purely a culture signing for Bridgeport, and I love it for that reason. I guess we get some depth if Sorokin or Varly go down as well.

Reactions: MJF and impaaaaaact

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
someone did a goalie ranking for next year, and had Sorokin at 24. i doubt he's starting in BP, and Schneider on the Isle.

anything is possible, sure. but it's not probable. i think we'll have a similar situation to this year, in which both goalies alternate for half the year, and then Varly takes over. if only because of his experience.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sounds like a done deal. If there is one thing about Lou Lams that he does better than any GM in the NHL. It is getting Goaltending coverage, Schneider is a perfect choice to have in the AHL if one of the 2 NHL goalies go down. This is a very subtle but strong move.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

What was it like to be a free agent for the first time in your career?
You’ve got to make a decision and I’m just thankful that there are people out there who believe me and still want me to play and think I can play. That means a lot, and it’s part of the reason why obviously the Islanders were desirable. I know everybody in the organization and they know me. I think having that belief is a lot better than a team saying, “Yeah, we’ll take a flyer on you and maybe you can, maybe you can’t.” That’s not a good feeling. So for the Islanders to come in and say, “You’re the guy we want and, however it works out, we want you here.” That means a lot.

He goes on to mention that he's good friends with Andy Greene, and said "He has intimated but hasn’t confirmed. If he is, that would be great."

Schneider was asked if he'd move to Long Island or stay in New Jersey, his response mentioned being closer to the arena on Long Island or Bridgeport, so he's fully aware of where he is going which is nice.

Last tidbit was that Palmieri has a house on Long Island somewhere and he might rent that out. Thought that was interesting just because of the possibility of adding Palmieri to the roster before the season or at the deadline.

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Knucklehead over in Sweden . 12 games 1 assist . At least he is consistent anywhere in the world

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad