Speculation: G Corey Schneider

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m a little surprised by this. I guess it’s insurance on a back up if Sorokin needs to adjust?

will Schneider be ok with playing in Bridgeport?

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Unless they’re planning on moving Varlamov, I can’t imagine it’s for anything more than league minimum... an AHL signi NV

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Someone brought up a good point if it is a 2 year deal it allows us to fulfill the expansion draft requirement of exposing a 1 goalie. Sorokin is exempt and we’re obviously going to protect Varly

Reactions: barriers

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Have to think it’s 2 way or we’re going to deal Varlamov
If that is the plan, it is horrible. Corey Schneider is beyond done. He couldnt even play for the Devils. We are going to deal a goalie who took us to the conference finals to go with a tandem of a guy who never played a game in the NHL and washed up guy who has nothing left? Yikes.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, in other words they either don't have enough confidence in Sorokin, or they have a tremendous amount of confidence in him.

My guess is Schneider is a future coach in training at this point, so why not learn from Korn?

Reactions: buud and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

only way we deal Varly is if Sorokin is lights out and ready to be a #1 in the NHL. We haven’t had a chance to test that. Plus, Schneider really isn’t good anymore. He’s fine for the AHL or as a 3rd goalie. But if he’s seeing as significant NHL playing time Thats not good for us.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
If that is the plan, it is horrible. Corey Schneider is beyond done. He couldnt even play for the Devils. We are going to deal a goalie who took us to the conference finals to go with a tandem of a guy who never played a game in the NHL and washed up guy who has nothing left? Yikes.
We need a goalie for the minors anyway because Skarek is the only one left. Stop panicking about trading Varlamov when nothing has happened yet.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Lou is gonna Lou.

I'll say this - I really disliked Cory Schneider - his grenade handling, terrible rebound control, inability to read plays, inability to stop a beach ball in the shootout.... and I was one of his most vocal critics dating back to when he platooned with Marty.

All of this said.... His positioning and ability to stop the first shot is fantastic, and most of his troubles came because our porous defense made him turn himself inside out and bust his hip. We had the worst team defense in the league for a few years there.

*IF* he is healthy ... he could put up a very good year - the way Greiss went from trash behind Weight's team to a co-Jennings type guy.

But you better be praying they don't move Varly.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’m a little surprised by this. I guess it’s insurance on a back up if Sorokin needs to adjust?

will Schneider be ok with playing in Bridgeport?
100%.

Schneider has to be aware of our goalie situation. He should have no reason to expect anything more than backing up Jakub Skarek in Bridgeport.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Lou is gonna Lou.

I'll say this - I really disliked Cory Schneider - his grenade handling, terrible rebound control, inability to read plays, inability to stop a beach ball in the shootout.... and I was one of his most vocal critics dating back to when he platooned with Marty.

All of this said.... His positioning and ability to stop the first shot is fantastic, and most of his troubles came because our porous defense made him turn himself inside out and bust his hip. We had the worst team defense in the league for a few years there.

*IF* he is healthy ... he could put up a very good year - the way Greiss went from trash behind Weight's team to a co-Jennings type guy.

But you better be praying they don't move Varly.

We're all hoping he's just going to the minors to play. Not interested in him for anything more.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Don’t know if this means much but Bridgeport is a 3 hour drive from where Schneider is from.
Beyond the Lou connection, if Schneider wanted to continue playing and also stay within proximity of ‘home’, then him landing a deal with Isles/BST works for both sides.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Maybe Greco or Korn are going to put a picture of Ryan Kesler in his locker during training camp. See how he plays angry?

I don't think that joke is too soon:sarcasm:

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad