G Alexis Gravel - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 162nd, CHI)

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Pro potential maybe Gravel is better but in junior Rodrigue is better. I might even prefer Mandolese more than Gravel

How? Gravel was better last year on a worse team and actually gave the Moose a shot to win in a series they had absolutely no business in.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Pro potential maybe Gravel is better but in junior Rodrigue is better. I might even prefer Mandolese more than Gravel

What leaves you to believe Rodrigue is better than Gravel in junior? Last season Gravel was inconsistent but after a hot streak to start the season Rodrigue fell off a cliff to the point where it was obvious he has a long road ahead of him to get back to relevant prospect territory. Hlinka was a good performance from Rodrigue and an average one from Gravel. Still not enough to put Rodrigue in front of Gravel in any way.

As for the latter portion I'm partially with you there. Mandolese had the 2nd best regular season among 16yo CHL goalies only behind Jacob Ingham. Excited to see what progress Mandolese has taken this season.

GC

Jun 13, 2015
Was Gravel ill during the Hlinka tournament?
I saw some practices and a a couple of games with Canada and I wasn't impressed at all. Rodrigue was better by far.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Was Gravel ill during the Hlinka tournament?
I saw some practices and a a couple of games with Canada and I wasn't impressed at all. Rodrigue was better by far.

Gravel lost the starting job after he lost the opener to Russia in a shootout. He didn't even play poorly in that game. Rodrigue came in the next game and won so they stuck with him as a starter. I liked what I saw out of him from the pre-tournament game and from what I was shown of the camp.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
He’s been playing absolutely incredible this year compared to last year! He’s got 2 shutouts in a row. Hope he keeps this momentum up in the Memorial Cup! Blackhawks drafted a great goaltender. He currently sits on a 2.51 GAA and a 0.914 SV% compared to his poor 3.38 GAA and 0.890 SV% last season.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He’s been playing absolutely incredible this year compared to last year! He’s got 2 shutouts in a row. Hope he keeps this momentum up in the Memorial Cup! Blackhawks drafted a great goaltender. He currently sits on a 2.51 GAA and a 0.914 SV% compared to his poor 3.38 GAA and 0.890 SV% last season.
Very good to hear! Thanks for the update.

Do y'all call him the Berlin Wall, yet?

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Very good to hear! Thanks for the update.

Do y'all call him the Berlin Wall, yet?
Haha good one. He was born in Germany but lived his Childhood in Asbestos, Quebec. His father was drafted in Round 3 1987 by the Montreal Canadiens as a goaltender. he lived in Quebec in his early life and played in the QMJHL for the Sherbrooke Phoenix then the Halifax Citadels, Rochester, and Moncton of the AHL for a tiny bit. Until he played the rest of his professional career outside of North America. Alex was born in Germany in his fathers last season in the DEL. But I guess you can call him the Berlin Wall. Haha François Gravel at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I’m sort of surprised at this. He’s been a valuable part of the Moosehead franchise over the last few years. Hopefully some other team will see value there. Great in pressure games. Personally think he’s a better stopper than Rodrique and Mandolese.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He made 66 in the final tonight for UQTR against Alberta to give the Patriotes their first U Sports Championship since 2003. He was really good in overtime too.

Former Blackhawks 6th round pick. They probably dont own his rights anymore.

He lost the final the Memorial Cup a few years back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad