G Alexis Gravel - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 162nd, CHI)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Highly heralded goaltender, Alexis Gravel is having a great series against Rouyn. He's pretty much the only reason Halifax is in this one having been named 2nd star twice and 1st star tonight in a 2-0 loss (empty netter). Should be a good one to follow next season for the draft.

stubbadub

Jul 12, 2009
Nova Scotia
open.spotify.com
The kid played suuuuuper tightly this evening. He squared up very well to most shots. It's a shame that his team looks like they're all suffering from mono. He has had one of the three stars three straight games in this series.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
He's so much better than Fucale at the same age. I know, not a great measuring stick, but they're the only two goalies I've seen that young since being a STH. Hell, he's already better than Fucale was in any of his years with the Moose.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He's been incredible. Always seems to be in the right spot. Everything you want in a goalie prospect from an NHL perspective too.

Size, technique, positioning, speed, poise. He's going to be a monster next year if his development continues on this path.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
He's so much better than Fucale at the same age. I know, not a great measuring stick, but they're the only two goalies I've seen that young since being a STH. Hell, he's already better than Fucale was in any of his years with the Moose.

The problem with Fucale was not how good he was at 16, he was excellent at that age. Problem is that he hasn't progressed enough over the years.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
The problem with Fucale was not how good he was at 16, he was excellent at that age. Problem is that he hasn't progressed enough over the years.

I was going to say this too. Fucale was amazing during the playoff run in 2012 when he was 16, he was just as important to that team making the semi finals as MacKinnon and Drouin were.

At 17 the team was stacked and he was good for at least 1 awful goal a game, and never seemed to progress much.

Gravel has looked amazing, which should come as no surprise since he was the goaltender Team Canada went with last year at the Youth Olympics in the gold medal game. His size and positional play are two things that make him so good, and he doesn't seem to get phased by traffic.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Would like to see another top 5-10 goalie pick. If Gravel keeps delivering, I am sure he goes 1st round, maybe higher.

GetThePuckOuttaHere*

Feb 23, 2017
It is really hard to compare skaters to goalies. Groulx and McIsaac will probably be drafted before Gravel simply because he is a goalie and most teams don't take them in the first round.

Yes, I realize that. I was just wondering/hoping if the other poster was so high on him that he thought he warranted a top-10 pick.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
next year is a sick year for goalies in the draft....Alexis Gravel, Kevin Mandolese, Olivier Rodrigue, Jakub Skarek.........Gravel has been amazing this year and IMO is the best Quebec goalie so far for next year with Mandelese not far behind......Rodrigue has crazy talent and has the ability to surpass both of them if he gets his confidence back. I personally feel Skarek is the best goalie for the NHL draft so far next year, but I have only limited viewing on him.

Gravel is the best goaltender I have seen since Giguere IMO...Leclaire would have been the best IMO but injuries really hurt his career and never achieved what he could have IMO.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Was really impressed by this kid the one time I saw him play live. He gave up a few, but his movement and technical skills were excellent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad