Confirmed with Link: G Alex Lyon

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He was one of the marquee college UDFAs when he left Yale. I remember wanting us to sign him.

Hopefully he gets at least a game in the NHL. He'll give up a goal that was clearly the fault of someone else and Tripp will be "Wow, that's one of the worst goals I've ever seen a Canes goaltender give up, maybe in the history of hockey" and they will end up fist fighting in a Bojangles parking lot where all Harvard-Yale rivalries are settled.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Why be a Tiger when you can be a Lyon?

Also, it's better than Hilldale

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Alex Lyon is a good AHL starter, but hasn’t been that good when he has played in the NHL.

If Lyon could consistently get starts he would probably do good in the NHL, but when he comes in cold off the bench Lyon is absolutely terrible. Lyon is one of those goalies that needs starts to get into a groove, if he is playing cold then call it a game and move on.

In Philly, I was pulling for Lyon to make something of himself as an NHL goalie but when Lyon had the opportunity he didn’t show enough to stick around, as an AHL starter his number and play were excellent but couldn’t excel at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad