G Adam Åhman - IK Oskarshamn, Allsvenskan (2018 Undrafted)

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Draft eligible last year; currently has a 0.989 Sv% and a 0.33 GAA through three games as a 19-year-old in the Swedish Allsvenskan. Has only let in one goal on 92 shots over those games, including a 41-save shutout, a 25-save shutout, and a 26/27-save game.

Played alright (0.913 SV%) through three games in the SHL last year, but didn't play great during his main stint in the J20 SuperElit.

Do any Swedish fans/goalie aficionados know much more about him?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I was a pretty big fan of him in his draft year. Calm, reads the play well, very quick side-to-side, challenges shooters actively, doesn't panic, positionally solid, good reflexes. The downside obviously being his size but I'd probably have used a selection on him in the later rounds if I was an NHL team picking in the 2017 draft.

Haven't really followed him since then so can't comment on how he has developed.

Reactions: Killerjas

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This kid gets no love, which is a shame. Yes, he plays on a stacked Oskarsham team, but he is playing really well in a mens league. I don't know why he wasn't drafted, being the 3rd highest rated goalie in Europe.

Only a 1.4 GAA and a .950% save percentage in 10 games.

Adam Åhman at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Still not drafted. I'm surprised no one wanted to take a flyer on him in the later rounds. Perhaps another Veini Vehvelainen in the making?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I just don't get it. Had a great last year in the Allsvenskan as a 19 year old. It is impressive. Should play for HV71 in the SHL and I am expecting him to do well. Could he be the next Vehvilainen? Passed up multiple years but eventually going to the AHL?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I just don't get it. Had a great last year in the Allsvenskan as a 19 year old. It is impressive. Should play for HV71 in the SHL and I am expecting him to do well. Could he be the next Vehvilainen? Passed up multiple years but eventually going to the AHL?
He got injured so no SHL yet, but with Alnefelt killing it, & Gunnarsson doing a great job it'll be hard to get his chance unless one of them gets injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->