GDT: G:5 Wild @ Preds: 7pmCT/3am Finland FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
At least that was maybe the most complete game they've played so far. I didn't find myself getting angry much past the first 10-15 minutes. PP goals are going to happen against, then just two huge mistakes that were capitalized on. And we didn't capitalize on any of ours. that's one of those games that could legitimately go either way...they'll be better if they continue to play like that.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I don't really think this game was awful for the Wild. Plenty of good performances against a very good team, just no real great performances outside of the post and Parise/Dumba doing work.

I've been keeping it to myself because I know people love his game around here, but it's time for Brodin's come to Jesus moment. Night after night he's just horrific with the puck and it's just costing the Wild seemingly every time he has control.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I don't think Brodin or Spurgeon had very good games...taking too much time to make decisions and getting their pockets picked or turning it over. Or in Brodin's case, taking a penalty and making a play that led to Koivu taking one.

I think the 3rd pair is doing exactly what we need them to. I haven't been analyzing it or anything really closely, but early on it feels like Pateryn is playing good in that role.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I don't think Brodin or Spurgeon had very good games...taking too much time to make decisions and getting their pockets picked or turning it over. Or in Brodin's case, taking a penalty and making a play that led to Koivu taking one.

I think the 3rd pair is doing exactly what we need them to. I haven't been analyzing it or anything really closely, but early on it feels like Pateryn is playing good in that role.

Haven't really noticed either but by the numbers they've been poor: Pateryn 31.4% corsi-for, Seeler 35% and pretty much the same for Fenwick. That said, only Nino (how does he do it?) is positive (more shots for than against).

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah I've pretty much given up looking at any shot metric type stat for this team. It's never been a great measure of where they're actually at...although it might be more accurate at least for the start of this season because I doubt our xGF% rate is very good either.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Yeah I've pretty much given up looking at any shot metric type stat for this team. It's never been a great measure of where they're actually at...although it might be more accurate at least for the start of this season because I doubt our xGF% rate is very good either.
53% xGF good for 10th in the league. They are getting railed with low danger chances but controlling the quality chances.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
At least Bees turned into the fast kind of Zombees and not slow plodding dragging themselves by their one remaining limb Zombees. So there's that. Also Coyle smashed a guy, that made me happy. It almost looked like he was trying to pull back at the last second, but still. Hopefully the regret didn't keep him up all night.
Is there any way to get little third period stickers to put inside everyone's visors? Waiting until they fall behind to show up is already getting so old that even Suter and Zombees' mysterious fat exorcist isn't going to be able give it a lights-out handy or whatever bullshit to get it going.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Haven't really noticed either but by the numbers they've been poor: Pateryn 31.4% corsi-for, Seeler 35% and pretty much the same for Fenwick. That said, only Nino (how does he do it?) is positive (more shots for than against).
You really need to let the Corsi bit go. It's a worthless statistic.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
You really need to let the Corsi bit go. It's a worthless statistic.

All statistics are worthwhile only in context. Corsi/Fenwick tells a useful story about possession and what players do when they're on the ice. It's not an end, no, but "good" players tend to have good corsi/fenwick. They hold the puck, distribute it, and get scoring chances. I.e. a shot on goal is better than a shot against. That's not worthless to me.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
All statistics are worthwhile only in context. Corsi/Fenwick tells a useful story about possession and what players do when they're on the ice. It's not an end, no, but "good" players tend to have good corsi/fenwick. They hold the puck, distribute it, and get scoring chances. I.e. a shot on goal is better than a shot against. That's not worthless to me.
Keep telling yourself that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->