GDT: G:29 Wild @ Oilers 8pm CT/ 4am Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (15-11-2) at Edmonton Oilers (14-12-2)
Puck drop: 8:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North; FOX Sports app
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

Dub should be in net. Koivu questionable? Maybe a callup? Dumba gtg tonight. I'll update this as more info is available.

The Oilers are 5-2-1 since Hitchcock was hired.

The Wild's 114 points, 25 wins in Edmonton and 52 wins overall are the most against any franchise…The Wild is 15-5-1 in the last 21 games against the Oilers…Minnesota is 14-2-0 in its last 16 games in Edmonton, including an eight-game win streak (2/21/13-1/31/17) - the longest road win streak in team history.

Monty%2BPython%2Band%2Bthe%2Bholy%2Bgrail.%2BKing%2BAuthor%2Bmeets%2Bthe%2Bdark%2Bknight.gif

Lets Go Wild.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I know he can't keep up with him anyways, but having your best defensive center out of the lineup against McDavid isn't a recipe for success.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I know he can't keep up with him anyways, but having your best defensive center out of the lineup against McDavid isn't a recipe for success.

If Koivu is out I think the Wild win tonight. One of those everyone steps up type of games.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If Koivu is out I think the Wild win tonight. One of those everyone steps up type of games.

I didn’t see hit on Koivu. Giodarno has a meeting with NHL today I read. Was it a cheap shot and is he out tonight?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I didn’t see hit on Koivu. Giodarno has a meeting with NHL today I read. Was it a cheap shot and is he out tonight?

Knee to knee, and Koivu went to the locker room and wasn't seen again. I don't think Gio had intent to injure, he just didn't want to get beat and stuck his leg out. Bad hockey play mixed with some bad luck is how I saw it.

Koivu's status is unknown until closer to gametime.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gio stuck out his leg, going knee on knee. At best, it was a clumsy attempt to trip someone. At worst, an attempt to target a knee by a guy who was beaten on a play.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Is Russo just speculating or does he know something and isn't saying anything until the team makes an official announcement?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Is Russo just speculating or does he know something and isn't saying anything until the team makes an official announcement?

Decision isn't expected until 6pm tonight, the fact that it's in question makes it a real possibility that he'll be out .

Thus, legit speculation.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Decision isn't expected until 6pm tonight, the fact that it's in question makes it a real possibility that he'll be out .

Thus, legit speculation.

I have a hard time telling with Russo sometimes. I do know he isn't buddy/buddy with the new GM, but he does still have some sources within the org. :dunno:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Thus, legit speculation.
The fact that it's still in question, is most likely a very good sign for the Wild. If there was anything torn in the knee, they would already know and wouldn't be speculating about playing tonight.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I love how after all the saltiness from Flames fans about how the Wild are the dirtiest team in the league, in the end it was their players who got 4 games worth of suspensions from a game they won 2-0.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
As much as I like to mock it, they do sort of have a point with the Gaudreau stuff. We whacked at him pretty good. Then again, I know people that have been cheated on 2 years later aren't holding a grudge, so maybe they should move on. People just need to accept and realize that their team is going to do some dirt, and they are going to have some dirt done to them. Ours included.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
As much as I like to mock it, they do sort of have a point with the Gaudreau stuff. We whacked at him pretty good. Then again, I know people that have been cheated on 2 years later aren't holding a grudge, so maybe they should move on. People just need to accept and realize that their team is going to do some dirt, and they are going to have some dirt done to them. Ours included.

The funny thing is, I think Gaudreau himself didn't seem to hold any kind of grudge about it towards Wild as a team or Staal, accepting it's a part of the game and not a fault of a single team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->