GDT: G:15 Wild @ LA 9:30 pm CT/5:30 am Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (8-4-2) at Los Angeles Kings (5-8-1)
Puck drop: 9:38 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North; FOX Sports app
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

CrazyDeliciousAfricanwilddog-small.gif

The Wild and Kings have 15 combined players from the 2003 and 2010 drafts.

Wild in the middle of their Cali roadtrip.

Lets Go Wild!

Last edited:
Reactions: Uberdachen

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Read called up again. I'd like to see one of the younger guys get a callup.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I actually like that none of the young guys are being called away from Iowa for 1-2 games plugged into the 4th line just because they are NHL hopefuls. They need a plug, so get a plug.

BB has been pretty good about whoever gets called up gets put in a position to succeed. With the way so many FWDs are playing the 4th line might be currently be that place without touching the Koivu line.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Do we have any idea what lines look like with Read being called up, particularly the centers? The default option seems to be Koivu-Fehr-JEE-Hendricks, but I wouldn't hate to use the opportunity to see how Granlund looks at C.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Do we have any idea what lines look like with Read being called up, particularly the centers? The default option seems to be Koivu-Fehr-JEE-Hendricks, but I wouldn't hate to use the opportunity to see how Granlund looks at C.

I really don't want to spit up the only line that's working to move Granny to center.

With no Staal the combo for Brown, Fehr, Foligno, Hendricks, and Read ends up being two 4th lines tonight. They just can't hide/shelter each of them on a line with the way Coyle, JEE, Greenway (still learning), Nino, and Zucker not playing their "A" games.

I was half expecting O'Reilly to be the callup because he is a center.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I really don't want to spit up the only line that's working to move Granny to center.

With no Staal the combo for Brown, Fehr, Foligno, Hendricks, and Read ends up being two 4th lines tonight. They just can't hide/shelter each of them on a line with the way Coyle, JEE, Greenway (still learning), Nino, and Zucker not playing their "A" games.

I wouldn't say that Fehr and Foligno have needed sheltering lately. You don't want them playing 15 min a night, but they've been reliable. And while I'd rather see Hendricks as a healthy scratch, he wasn't bad last game.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Goose312

May 15, 2015

Hendricks is out as well. I would assume Fehr or Read are getting bumped to the top 9.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I wouldn't say that Fehr and Foligno have needed sheltering lately. You don't want them playing 15 min a night, but they've been reliable. And while I'd rather see Hendricks as a healthy scratch, he wasn't bad last game.

Move them up into a top-6 position and they would. They are better together than apart. You could stick any of the other FWDs with them with them and they maybe could be an average at best 3rd line? I still don't want either of them playing 15 mins + PK time on a nightly basis.

Hendricks had a day off yesterday (and is just coming off an injury) and Staal was sick. Prosser might get into the lineup again just due to lack of bodies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Just boxscoring watching, but COR is leading the team in scoring by a fair bit, and is top 10 in the AHL. If he keeps it up he's going to get rewarded. Shaw, surprisingly, is also off to a good start points wise.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just boxscoring watching, but COR is leading the team in scoring by a fair bit, and is top 10 in the AHL. If he keeps it up he's going to get rewarded. Shaw, surprisingly, is also off to a good start points wise.

I wonder if being the "C" for Iowa will keep him from being called up?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Should be a win tonight regardless of sick guys. That said.... If I stay up until near 1 for a loss... To the kings no less... I'm not gonna be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad