fyi TSN broadcasting gold medal game on a 2 hour delay..

vezna*

because of lacross championship. just looked at tsn's schedule

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
This absolutely blows, I was going to watch this on TSN but now I gotta settle for some crappy stream. What a downer. Sore losers I guess, there's no way this game would have been delayed if Canada was in it.

FilthyNote*

Just as long as I get to see highlights of Berglund owning it up at some point I will be happy :)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
So, TSN don't 2 channels?

I wonder how is possible a canadian tv broadcasts a lacrosse game instead that hockey game.

The other TSN channel (TSN2) is showing the NASCAR Race.

The reason TSN is showing the lacrosse LIVE instead of the hockey LIVE because one of the teams
that is playing is "canadian" - Toronto Rock. If the Toronto Rock wasn't in the championship game
or if Canada was in the Gold Medal Game - it would have definiately been shown LIVE with the
lacrosse game being shown after the hockey ended.

Man up you people - watch the game via tape delay - at least you only have to wait 2 1/2 hours to
see it on the TV. You can use that time and watch the lacrosse - should be a great game. Versus
here in the United States is showing the darn game on a 29 1/2 hour tape delay - Monday night at
8:00 pm ET. Versus couldn't even do what TSN is doing and show it after the lacrosse ends - they
have to show a leg of a bike race. They couldn't even show it after the NHL game tonight - have to
show taped delay rodeo coverage. Totally sucks - investing all this time watching these games and
we can't even get the finale at the worst same day tape delay. A Game Misconduct to Versus!

LS....

Last edited:

Panthers607

This is great news for me because I have stuff to do by the time the game starts. Btw, I'm going to this Irish "Hockey bar" called The Molly Wee Pub, you think they have TSN? This is NYC btw... Not sure if TSN is broadcasted outside of Canada.

Or will the game be on any American channel?

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
But the funniest thing is that TSN barely even mentioned Lacrosse and Toronto Rock during the season and suddenly now they chose to broadcast it instead of the world championship final

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
But the funniest thing is that TSN barely even mentioned Lacrosse and Toronto Rock during the season
and suddenly now they chose to broadcast it instead of the world championship final

TSN/TSN2 - have mentioned the Rock this season - TSN showed highlights of their games
via Sportscentre and showed at least one game LIVE. TSN2 showed around 11-12 games
with most of them being LIVE including last Saturdays semifinal win over the Bandits.
So its not like they are showing the Rock out of the blue here.

LS...

Last edited:

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
This is great news for me because I have stuff to do by the time the game starts. Btw, I'm going to this Irish "Hockey bar" called The Molly Wee Pub, you think they have TSN? This is NYC btw... Not sure if TSN is broadcasted outside of Canada.

Or will the game be on any American channel?

Thanks for the heads up OP.

they have Versus in the US

wonder if they're mandated to show Nascar on TSN2. they would usually show it there, rather than go tape delay

Charlie Milles*

But the funniest thing is that TSN barely even mentioned Lacrosse and Toronto Rock during the season and suddenly now they chose to broadcast it instead of the world championship final
Haven't they shown every Rock, Saturday night game on TSN2?

vezna*

So, TSN don't 2 channels?

I wonder how is possible a canadian tv boardcasts a lacross game instead that hockey game.

TSN does have two channels. the other one is showing nascar

toronto's lacrosse team is playing in the finals.

also remember how canadians keep saying World Championship isn't relevant here? TSN knows that

obsenssive*

Isn't Lacrosse the national sport of Canada officially?

National Sports of Canada Act 1994, c. 16 N-16.7

[Assented to May 12th, 1994]

Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:

2. The game commonly known as ice hockey is hereby recognized and declared to be the national winter sport of Canada and the game commonly known as lacrosse is hereby recognized and declared to be the national summer sport of Canada.​

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
I think it's actually quite pathetic that they don't show the game live. It's an insult to people who pay subscriptions (TSN) to see the game live, who have been watching the broadcast since the beginning and WHO WANT to see the gold medal live. I'm disgusted by this and this isn't the first time TSN has done this.

Just to get TSN, we have to subscribe to other garbage channels and this is the type of programming we get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad