FYI: Maroon Waived

PlagerBros*

Where did i say anything like that? I was simply posting info about a St. Louis born player.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I would definitely be in favor of the Blues picking him up. Adding a PPG player to Peoria's roster, and adding a big body that can play 4th line minutes if need be on the big club is a great idea. There's almost no risk, but a potentially big reward.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I remember people here complaining about the Blues drafting Peluso right ahead of him. Didn't seem to have the discipline to be an NHLer, skating also apparently held him back.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I remember people here complaining about the Blues drafting Peluso right ahead of him. Didn't seem to have the discipline to be an NHLer, skating also apparently held him back.

Discipline is an issue, but he has better hands and a better shot than you average NHL 4th liner. I haven't seen him skate in person since he was in high school lol, so I don't really have anything to add to that. I'd love the Rivs to give him a shot.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

Pat wasn't too happy about it either. He still has some character building to do if he ever wants to play in the NHL.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
If the Blues pick him up, he goes on the Blues roster, not the Rivs roster. For him to get to the Rivs, the Blues would then also have to place him on waivers...and then have no other team take him. I wouldn't necessarily be against that but I don't think they really need to make that move.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
If the Blues pick him up, he goes on the Blues roster, not the Rivs roster. For him to get to the Rivs, the Blues would then also have to place him on waivers...and then have no other team take him. I wouldn't necessarily be against that but I don't think they really need to make that move.

No, I don't think so. Once a player gets claimed, they have a one way contract which must get honored. So, he can either be placed in the AHL or NHL, but needs to pass through waivers if he wanted to be called up or sent down. The blues could claim him and put him on Peoria but they would need him to pass through waivers to get to the NHL.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
No, I don't think so. Once a player gets claimed, they have a one way contract which must get honored. So, he can either be placed in the AHL or NHL, but needs to pass through waivers if he wanted to be called up or sent down. The blues could claim him and put him on Peoria but they would need him to pass through waivers to get to the NHL.

Sorry, but unless they completely altered the waivers process in the new CBA, that's not how waivers work at all. It's not like a player automatically gets a one-way contract if they're picked up on waivers. Perhaps you're thinking of how waivers works in video games? I've never understood why EA Sports purposely screws up waivers in their games. All it does is confuse fans as to how it actually works. In the event that you aren't aware, waivers has absolutely nothing to do with one-way or two-way contracts like it does in video games either.

The only change to waivers in the new CBA which I've seen is that re-call waivers are now gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad