FYI - Burke is online now (Friday morning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Lockout04 said:
He's done. Did he really say anything?

Keith Tchuck (sp?) is on now.
Not really, just a re-hash of what he's said before.

Tkachuck is talking about Roenich and basically disagreed with what he said to ESPN.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
19nazzy said:
Not really, just a re-hash of what he's said before.

Tkachuck is talking about Roenich and basically disagreed with what he said to ESPN.

I love the guy, but Tkachuk isn't really the guy I'd look to for concessionary or compromising comments ;).

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Well he just said that Roenich sometimes doesn't think before he speaks and is getting his spot in the limelight etc....
Now he's talking about the NHL willing to let the NHLPA get an auditor and how the NHL could somehow still get it in their favour.

JRgavemeaNTC

Jan 6, 2005
Raleigh
He's retracting JR's statement for JR. He says he does not want a vote. Calling JR careless. "Does not think before talking." JR just likes the limelight.

Talking about 24% rollback. PA tried and tried to negotiate. Players have come half way, owners have not moved a bit. "Poor people skills by Gary." NHL being unprofessional.

Biggest question for union is trust. Cannot trust NHL. Talking about joint audit. Thinks numbers can still be manipulated. NHL will still find a way to twist independant auditors numbers. I say, "As a big 4 firm auditor myself, that hurts, and is BS."

Believes that some teams are in trouble. Pittsburgh being one of them.

Wants to build trust and meet down the middle.

Says Phoenix does not belong in NHL anymore, used to, but not now. Should have stayed in Winnapeg.

Hopes it is this year.

That's the best I could summarize.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Talked about how he loved Winnipeg and they way they were supported there. But they moved because Bettman didn't want hockey there and believes it would be hard to get a team back after it moved from there.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Lockout04 said:
Says Phoenix does not belong in NHL anymore, used to, but not now. Should have stayed in Winnapeg.

As a Winnipegger, I appreciate the comment, but jesus...he sure does know how to make nice with his former city/teammates. Cripes!

I'm not sure what sort of connections he still has to the Yotes, but I know he has a number of friends in Winnipeg. He also runs a yearly golf tournament for charity as well, so he is a bit biased.

Jazz

PitkanenPower said:
Post a recap when he's done, please. :)
I'm at work, so I only catch bits and pieces, but he basically re-iterated what he said last night (ie, no news has leaked out since).

About how the negotiating process could go in this crunch time, how the PA might (if given a choice) choose a salary cap over linkage etc.

You can access last night's Burke segment (it is archived) here:
Brian Burke archived link - Feb 3rd

Ryan Walter (former NHLPA Vice President) was on later in the show:

Yotes03

Jun 14, 2002
AZ
Visit site
Lockout04 said:

Nice one Captain Coyote! So when you were here we belonged in the league but now that you're gone we don't? I see know...

He is right about PR needing the limelight and not thinking before he talks.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Yotes03 said:
Nice one Captain Coyote! So when you were here we belonged in the league but now that you're gone we don't? I see know...

He is right about PR needing the limelight and not thinking before he talks.
totally... the city builds a new arena cause the old one was worse than the Igloo in Pittsburg... and you know they don't deserve a team.

What a knob Tkachuck is.

So he says the owners are lying, yet he then says I know there are some teams in trouble, like Pittsburg.

So which is it? A league doing financially great, or a league in trouble?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad