TV: FX series The Old Man - Bridges, Lithgow, Brennemman

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Looks interesting

Dan Chase absconded from the CIA and lives off the grid. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past. The FBI's Harold Harper is called on to hunt him down because of his complicated past with the rogue fugitive. When Chase proves to be more difficult to apprehend than the authorities expected, a highly trained special ops contractor is sent to pursue him as well. While on the run, Chase rents a room from Zoe McDonald, who draws on reserves she never knew she had to survive the day when she learns the truth about her new tenant.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I've watched all the episodes so far and it's pretty good. I'd say one of the better new shows I've watched in recent memory.

Kind of like Jason Bourne in retirement. :laugh:

Reactions: thinkblue

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Greatly enjoying it. Love Jeff Bridges who is really in his element here. A couple of telegraphed twists that will make things very interesting moving forward. The actor they got to play the younger Lithgow character is phenomenal.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I am really liking it. Half way in the the season and find both Bridges and Lithgow have been great. It's based on the novel of the same name from Thomas Perry so I think I might look for a copy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad