future power forwards and tough d-men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Anyone else seeing him being a Derian Hatcher kinda guy when hatcher was in his prime?

That might be pushing it just a little. Hatcher was just dominant defensively in his prime. Regehr's gonna be a damn good d-man defensively, but few can touch what Hatcher was IMO.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Anyone else seeing him being a Derian Hatcher kinda guy when hatcher was in his prime?

Not really, Hatcher caused much more of an impact in about every single part of the game. Hatcher in his prime was a Captain (which he got named at the age of 24) on one of the top contending teams in the League, being among the top in icetime, blocked shots and hits, not to mention he was usually good for about 20/35 points a year. The biggest difference however is Hatcher's mean streak, he's just bad ass, no one dared messing with him or his teammates, and when they did, expect to get whooped. I don't see anything Derian Hatcher in Robyn Regerh, Robyn is good on his own special way though.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota for some odd reason has a lot of potential PFs and bruising defensemen:

PFs: I've heard Matt Foy described as one, he'll fight, he's bit and he's tough but he can score. Might not be a great PF but I've heard him described as one. As has Patrick Bordeleau and Julian Sprunger but that might be stretching it. Ritz might be another one. Lots of PIMs but can score. Wanvig might also be pushing it because he's more of a bruising third-line checker than a PF. Forgot about Irmen, who is also tough but can score and Boogaard but Boogaard (Aaron) might turn out to be a nice third line checker.

For bruising defensemen: I think Bolduc and Misharin can be described as tough defensemen. Misharin not so much as a bruising defenseman as just a tough, pestering defenseman. Bolduc definitely has potential to be a nice two-way defenseman but I see him more as a defensive-defenseman, his point vlaue has been somewhat and probably inflated due to Crosby. Stoner is another one and Reitz too. Burns might be considered a tough defenseman but he's more of a two-way defenseman that can throw checks and hits. I forgot about Stokes! He could be a nice big tough defenseman...

Last edited:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
Or Matt Greene, who is Oilers property. This guy is a freaking viking.

Yeah I keep hearing that as well. I am super excited about him. I really hope he signs with the Oilers next year. They really wanted him for this year in the AHL, but he decline as he had a loyalty to his NCAA team and didn't want to up and leave them. He was rewarded with the captaincy this year. :)

And I hear he hits like a ton of bricks, while rarely getting caught out of position.

But I have never seen him play. Anyone have any first hand recounts of his game?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Its tough to find forwards that have potential in all characteristics of a PF. In NJ there are many big players who have talent. Tallackson, Ryznar, Khomutov and Voros. Tallackson isn't mean enough or consistant enough. Ryznar doesn't have the skill set to become a PF, maybe a 4th line checker, Khomutov isn't mean or physical enough.

Of these 4 only Voros has the potential to be a PF. He is our meanest prospect, most physical forward prospect, has nice hands, has a huge base and good hockey sense. The only thing holding him back from 1st/2nd line PF IMO is his skating. If he improves his skating to be average he will be scary.

Vic Rattlehead*

Mark Stuart - Will be a big, bruising defenceman.
Andrew Alberts - This guy says he loves to hit forwards when they come into the defensive zone.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Trent Hunter's drawn comparison's to Andreychuck and I'm hoping E. Tunik develops into a pf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad