Future of Michael Bunting

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
How has Bunting looked lately? It's weird his production is so goal-heavy: 9 goals and 2 assists in 17 games. His AHL stats (more assists than goals) suggests he has some playmaking skills as well.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How has Bunting looked lately? It's weird his production is so goal-heavy: 9 goals and 2 assists in 17 games. His AHL stats (more assists than goals) suggests he has some playmaking skills as well.

The Coyotes don't ever get sustained offensive zone time, so Bunting's goals mostly come from deflecting shots from the point. He is probably the only guy who routinely goes to the front of the net.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
The Coyotes don't ever get sustained offensive zone time, so Bunting's goals mostly come from deflecting shots from the point. He is probably the only guy who routinely goes to the front of the net.
So sounds like he's indispensable then? Every team needs someone to go to the front of the net on a regular basis.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It amazes me how good Bunting looks compared to the rest of the roster (except maybe Garland), considering that he's basically just playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I have seen this a hundred times before. Let's wait and see what happens before you pick him as our next golden child.

I haven't picked him as anything. I've loved the job he's done for us so far, but I also know the league's gonna scout him and he's going to regress to the mean. If I were GM, I'd probably offer him a bridge deal of $925K, one way, and then see what he can do with a full season.

Reactions: Jakey53

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I haven't picked him as anything. I've loved the job he's done for us so far, but I also know the league's gonna scout him and he's going to regress to the mean. If I were GM, I'd probably offer him a bridge deal of $925K, one way, and then see what he can do with a full season.
And then he would go get a better contract from a better GM.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Its a short stretch of games, and he's 25 not 21. Is it a fluke that he has this many goals? I agree, offer a 1 year deal and see what he does for a full season. Look at Fisher and Crouse, their production has dropped off. Winger are easy to get and replace anyway.

Reactions: Jakey53

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I think it is interesting that Fischer's offensive game has improved since Bunting arrived. I think it's partly due to the added pressure to stay in the lineup, but more so I believe Bunting has shown how effective crashing the net can be, and Fischer has taken notice, following in his footsteps to a degree and demonstrating some success. I would still say Bunting handles the puck better, but I am pleased that Fischer isn't tossing the puck away immediately anymore as he obviously lacked confidence to handle it at times earlier this season.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I think it is interesting that Fischer's offensive game has improved since Bunting arrived. I think it's partly due to the added pressure to stay in the lineup, but more so I believe Bunting has shown how effective crashing the net can be, and Fischer has taken notice, following in his footsteps to a degree and demonstrating some success. I would still say Bunting handles the puck better, but I am pleased that Fischer isn't tossing the puck away immediately anymore as he obviously lacked confidence to handle it at times earlier this season.
Good observation. Sometimes a fellow player can create the spark if the coach behind the bench is incapable or uninterested in doing so.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hi guys! How is Bunting on World's? I know that Canada sucks as a team but im curious if he is making any positive impact

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->