Future looks bright for the Flyers

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
now I know what you may be thinking "what's a bruins fan doing on our board" but I'd first off like to say, I really like the Flyers. They have a great team (even if they didn't make it last year, don't know how they didn't.) The future looks incredibly bright for this team. Really good D prospects, and good forward prospects, and with Stolarz coming up, could be a dangerous team in the near future

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
No guarantees. People around here were enamored with Holmgren in the beginning too. At least he put together a winning team. Hextall hasn't yet. But the pieces look good.

WhatIsTwoWayHockey

Jun 25, 2015
now I know what you may be thinking "what's a bruins fan doing on our board" but I'd first off like to say, I really like the Flyers. They have a great team (even if they didn't make it last year, don't know how they didn't.) The future looks incredibly bright for this team. Really good D prospects, and good forward prospects, and with Stolarz coming up, could be a dangerous team in the near future

Yes, the future is bright & Hexy as of today has GM of the year for me. I don't know how sold on Stolarz they are right now. Plan is to bring him in behind Mason, but we drafted a goalie who some had as their top goalie in the draft.

I'm thinkin like two years til we see what Hextall's Flyers look like

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The building blocks look good right now...but nothing is given.

Just look at this past year with Ghost getting hurt. Things happen that can change things. All we can do if hope, keep building and hopefully be healthy and make no mistakes if/when we make trades.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Thanks for coming in peace. We are all really excited about the direction Hextall has us headed in. The drafted had been excellent since 2012 (also thanks to Holmgren). Hextall made a bold and exciting moving hiring Hakstol. Our core group of forwards is either not yet in their prime or just entering it. Mason has put our goaltending concerns to rest. Now Hextall is going to work on ridding ourselves of bad contracts, starting this weekend with Grossmann and Pronger shipped fo Arizona. In 2-3 years they are positioned to really contend.

As for Boston, they remind me of the Phillies of the NHL. They won a championship, then continued to contend for a few years while getting worse and worse results until falling out of playoffs, making inexplicably bad trades and questionable drafting.

Youll always have 2011 though..I havent seen a Cup in my life.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yes, the future is bright & Hexy as of today has GM of the year for me. I don't know how sold on Stolarz they are right now. Plan is to bring him in behind Mason, but we drafted a goalie who some had as their top goalie in the draft.

I'm thinkin like two years til we see what Hextall's Flyers look like

Saturday's events had nothing to do with Stolarz. They needed depth at the goaltending position badly as Stolarz & Madsen were the only two in the system. They didn't even plan on drafting that many goalies but Tomek fall to their other pick & they thought he was too good to pass up.

They were pretty vocal last year about how they were disappointed they came away with zero goalies. So if anything this year was essentially make up for last year.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

Things are looking up for sure. Ya never know how prospects pan out though, so I try not to get TOO excited. It is refreshing to have a G.M. who has a clear though out long term plan though and doesn't treat every season as a one year tournament.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

They were coached by a block of concrete. A block built to Soviet standards.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

come-over-to-the-dark-side-quote-1.jpg

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
No guarantees. People around here were enamored with Holmgren in the beginning too. At least he put together a winning team. Hextall hasn't yet. But the pieces look good.
All you can ask for is the best possible inputs at any given time. It's fair to say Hextall has made smart, creative, and deliberate moves that completely align with his strategy for building and vision for the future of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad