Future HOF'ers

bigdeal44

Dec 11, 2005
Which players out of these are sure fire hall of famers from what we have seen so far? If you can only pick 4, which ones do you pick?

Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Dany Heatley
Jason Spezza
Dion Phaneuf
Dustin Penner
Jeff Carter
Jay Bouwmeester
Nathan Horton
Roberto Luongo
Rich Nash
Henrik Zetterberg
Rick Dipietro
Ilya Kovalchuk
Niklas Kronwall
Eric Staal
Marian Gaborik

This has to be one of the best group of young players ever. Penner is a reach at this point but the kid has some great skill for a big man. More than four will make it out of this group but I want to know that top 4.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
bigdeal44 said:
Which players out of these are sure fire hall of famers from what we have seen so far? If you can only pick 4, which ones do you pick?

Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Dany Heatley
Jason Spezza
Dion Phaneuf
Dustin Penner
Jeff Carter
Jay Bouwmeester
Nathan Horton
Roberto Luongo
Rich Nash
Henrik Zetterberg
Rick Dipietro
Ilya Kovalchuk
Niklas Kronwall
Eric Staal
Marian Gaborik

This has to be one of the best group of young players ever. Penner is a reach at this point but the kid has some great skill for a big man. More than four will make it out of this group but I want to know that top 4.
You're kidding me, right? How many of these guys are over 25? Three or four? Come back in seven or eight years with this same list, and then we can enjoy an intelligent, thorough, sound debate. None of these guys are sure-fire HHOFers.

bigdeal44

Dec 11, 2005
God Bless Canada said:
You're kidding me, right? How many of these guys are over 25? Three or four? Come back in seven or eight years with this same list, and then we can enjoy an intelligent, thorough, sound debate. None of these guys are sure-fire HHOFers.

Well duh??????
Its just to see the opinion on these group of players. Which four are the ones to have the greatest careers in the opinions of hockeys future readers. For all we know AO will break his leg next week. That doesnt mean he doenst have hall of fame potential.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
I think it is too early to pick HOFers but I guess I'll just guess.

Nash
Spezza
Crosby
Ovechkin

Total shots in the dark.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
bigdeal44 said:
Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Dany Heatley
Jason Spezza
Dion Phaneuf
Dustin Penner
Jeff Carter
Jay Bouwmeester
Nathan Horton
Roberto Luongo
Rich Nash
Henrik Zetterberg
Rick Dipietro
Ilya Kovalchuk
Niklas Kronwall
Eric Staal
Marian Gaborik

I don't know why Penner is on this list

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
bigdeal44 said:
Neely wasnt tearing up early either. Penner has a lot of potential

Yes he does, but he doesn't belong anywhere near this list.

I would say Crosby, Ovechkin, Luongo, and maybe Kovalchuk, Nash, or Staal.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
God Bless Canada said:

Thank you.

One can assume greatness all s/he wants, but one would be mistaken.

There is a ton of talent on that list. As of now, however, associating any with the term "sure-fire hall of famer" is absurd.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
I agree that its waaaaaay too early but speculation is quite fun.

From your list I would say Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Staal. Phanuef is a heck of a player too.

No offense, but guys like Penner, Dipietro don't belong on the list and Kronwall is already 25 or close to 25. He's got too much ground to make up considering that he's 3 years older than most of these other guys.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
Sure fire HOF'er?
None of them. Kovalchuk is probably the cloest but I really don't have any difficulty thinking up scenarios in which any of them fail to become HOF'ers.

It wouldn't be the first time or even the hundredth time in history that an amazingly talented young player failed to become an all time great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->