Future Defense Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Brad Stuart , Jay Bouwmeester And Eric Brewer

Brad Stuart - Stands at 6'2 215lbs, who was drafted 3rd overall in the 98' NHL entry draft he has a great shot and will be a power Quarter back for the San Jose Sharks, but hasnt made much noise in the Show.

Jay Bouwmeester - A tall 6'4 defenseman weighing in at 210lbs, also drafted 3rd overall in the 2002 Entry Draft. One of a handful of players to play on the Canadian WJC team at 16. Very Smooth and fast skater with good hockey, also hasnt made much noise in the 2 years he's been in the show, but is the youngest of this group

Eric Brewer - 6'3 220lbs was drafted 5th overall in the 97' NHl entry draft. He doesnt shy away from hits and has one laser of a shot. The only Dman out of the 3 to play in the Olympics for team Canada. Eric has been in the league 6 years and has had some descent season, but nothing that will take him to the All Star game.

So with all this in mind, my question is Who out of these dmen have the best potential to become one of the leagues best dmen. What do you predict for them, point production wise and who is the most valuable to have at this time?

thanks for the responses

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Vandermeer

Sorry, couldnt help myself :D

Personally, im still into Bouwmeester. Doing fine in florida despite his age

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Jay Bouwmeester for sure...

Stuart is good, but not in the ballpark area of JBo...and Brewer is solid but overrated, and this is coming from an Oilers fan.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Lol yeah im still a Jbo fan, and Eric Brewer is my favorite player right along with Leetch

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
#2 said:
Eric Brewer - 6'3 220lbs was drafted 5th overall in the 97' NHl entry draft. He doesnt shy away from hits and has one laser of a shot. The only Dman out of the 3 to play in the Olympics for team Canada. Eric has been in the league 6 years and has had some descent season, but nothing that will take him to the All Star game.

Didn't Brewer play in the allstar game last season?
:yo:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Jozeph_Balej said:
I heard he wasen't that good this year...

JayBo would be my pick .
Brewer has been fairly solid this year.. while his offensive game hasn't come around like many have predicted it would, he plays a solid 25 mins/night for a fairly weak Edmonton team.

I don't think any thread discussing future stars on defense can be had without including Dion Phaneuf. He'll be easily better than Stuart and Brewer and will be better than Bouwmeester in certain facets of the game (i.e. physical play and defensive acumen).

Calgary got away with murder when they got Neufy who IMO should have been selected over both Suter and Coburn easily.

WRT to this topic, I'd go Bouwmeester, Stu, then Brewer. At this point, it doesn't seem that Brewer will be anything more than a 3 or 4 guy with the ability to eat up minutes. Stuart has some incredile offensive potential and can lay out some quality hits, but Bouwmeester (that JayBo thing really irritates me) has it all.

As for Neufy, I'd rather have him out of all of them. It all comes down to who you would rather have I guess: Scott Niedermayer or Scott Stevens? I'll take Stevens. . .

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Kubina_Fan said:
I don't think any thread discussing future stars on defense can be had without including Dion Phaneuf. He'll be easily better than Stuart and Brewer and will be better than Bouwmeester in certain facets of the game (i.e. physical play and defensive acumen).
And the WJC hype machine continues without fail....

Sammy*

BlueAndWhite said:
And the WJC hype machine continues without fail....
That was perhaps one of the most ridiculous manifestations of it I have ever read.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Like why just list Bouwmeester, Stuart and Brewer...

I think most people will have Bouwmeester number one out of those three...

How about....pick out of

Bouwmeester
Pitkanen
Klesla
Hamhuis
Grebshkov
Kronwall
Barker
Phaneuf
Suter
Coburn
Leopold
Whitney

Top 5 out of that group lets say, all around offense and Norris

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
I'd take Pitkanen over all three....and no, Im not a Flyers fan.

I'd also take Noah Welch over Ryan Whitney any day of the week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad