Future Defense Core

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
The more I think of PK Subban, the more I see we CANNOT afford to lose him. He and Carey Price are our top players and best in the league. We haven't had a top defenseman like Subban since Chris Chelios. Anyhow our defense core looks very solid in the future.

Subban- I believe he's our #1 guy for the next 10 years.
Beaulieu- Steady improving to be a solid #2 similar to Bouwmeester-type.
Tinordi- Shutdown guy and provide toughness. I see a faster Derian Hatcher.
Pateryn- He should be a solid two-way D. I see a poor man Brent Seabrook.

Surround them with veterans like Josh Gorges, Alexei Emelin, maybe Andre Markov if we resign him, we should have a very solid group.

PS Pateryn is NHL ready!

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
You can't really compare apples and oranges , potential vs. existing stars. Tinordi is better than Hatcher ever was and Pateryn won't become Seabook. All that said, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn will all play for the Habs. Ellis, Dietz and Nygren are signed, so we'll have to wait and see. Thrower and Bennett might get signed, there will be room for them next year with our top three making the team next year. I think that we'll start seeing some d-men drafted next year. Along with big forwards, we have a need for them.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
You can't really compare apples and oranges , potential vs. existing stars. Tinordi is better than Hatcher ever was and Pateryn won't become Seabook. All that said, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn will all play for the Habs. Ellis, Dietz and Nygren are signed, so we'll have to wait and see. Thrower and Bennett might get signed, there will be room for them next year with our top three making the team next year. I think that we'll start seeing some d-men drafted next year. Along with big forwards, we have a need for them.

Insert gif from post #3

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
The way i see it is we are missing a top4 RHD, if Larsson falls out of the lineup in NJ id wager on him.

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Top 4 RHD
Emelin/UFA-Pateryn

I think they can all realisticly make it to where they are in my lineup, Pateryn could become a top4 D but im not sure

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
The way i see it is we are missing a top4 RHD, if Larsson falls out of the lineup in NJ id wager on him.

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Top 4 RHD
Emelin/UFA-Pateryn

I think they can all realisticly make it to where they are in my lineup, Pateryn could become a top4 D but im not sure

You really can't make a decision on a defenseman before the age of 23. Which is why I don't see Lou moving Larsson for atleast another couple of years.

Pateryn is a very intriguing prospect. He seemingly came out of nowhere and is having a great sophomore season in Hamilton. Realistically, his upside is probably top6 reliable defenseman.

In a couple of seasons, we'll have a very nice mix of skill, size, and toughness in our d-core. This should coincide with Galchenyuk becoming our long awaited #1 centerman and with Subban / Price / Eller entering their primes. Very promising stuff.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
A little too early don't you think? I'll be pretty happy if Tinordi develops anything close to what Hatcher was. Don't know if you're only recollection of Hatcher is his last days in Philly but he was a pretty good player in his prime in Dallas. The guy averaged I think over 25+ min per game during his best years and even more in the playoffs, a total force in the corners and in front of his net.

habitue*

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Top 4 RHD
Emelin/UFA-Pateryn

According to many posters, we had one top four rhd: Diaz.

Emelin would be the ideal partner for Subban. Tinordi will spend time on the bottom pairing fir a good while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad