future 100 point producers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3032

Aver33 said:
Personally I have never said that Kovalchuk is one dimensional. This "canadien" is of the opinion that Kovalchuk could very well get 100 points sometime in his career. The title of this topic was Future 100 point producers. An opinion thread. I just threw my 2 cents in. Nash isn't a 100 point producer at this point so obviously it's "no for now."

Don't being so quick to group other individual posters and turn it into Nationalism, for christ sake. People and posters will have opinions and different ones at that.

I don't think he was really directing the comment at you. His point was that there have been a lot of posts where people mention that Nash has great playmaking abilities, yet has next to no assists, but even as recently as earlier this year people were jumping on Kovalchuk saying how he was a puck hog, won't pass, and has poor passing skills even when he had a lower goal per assist ratio.

I'll also add that it does tend (not always) to be canadian posters who jump on Kovalchuk for whatever reason.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Tanguay40 said:
I don't think he was really directing the comment at you. His point was that there have been a lot of posts where people mention that Nash has great playmaking abilities, yet has next to no assists, but even as recently as earlier this year people were jumping on Kovalchuk saying how he was a puck hog, won't pass, and has poor passing skills even when he had a lower goal per assist ratio.

I'll also add that it does tend (not always) to be canadian posters who jump on Kovalchuk for whatever reason.

thanx .

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
What about Lupul?

He's having a good season with the Ducks and IMO he can improve even more, becoming the scorer he was in the minors.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Fighter said:
What about Lupul?

He's having a good season with the Ducks and IMO he can improve even more, becoming the scorer he was in the minors.

probably a good scorer in future, but I think he'll never reach the 100pt tableau.
I'm sure about that.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Caniacforever said:
Well in my opinion you have to look at ratios on this and what type of player is most likely to yield a hundred points. For right now, we're not likely to see a player score 70-30-100 unless it's Kovalchuk. The more likely scenario for 100 points now is about the 35-65-100 type of scorers. This means that the player you're probably talking about is going to be an elite playmaker with the ability to also score 30 goals. Here are the few guys that I think could develop into that type of player.

Vincent Lecavalier
Jason Spezza
Eric Staal
Dany Heatley
Brad Richards
Alex Tanguay
Marion Gaborik

Now I know all these players aren't considered "prospects" but i'd say they are the players who probably have the most potential to reach 100 points in the near future.

The only 2 players on that list i dont agree with you on are Richards and Tanguay, even though Tanguay is on pace for 90+ this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad