Music: Furious Pink Floyd fans slam Roger Waters after he spent 'an hour reading from his autobiography instead of singing'

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Haha. Maybe I’d be annoyed but if it’s the only time he does this you can think it’s a cool novelty

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Dude’s always been a self-indulgent prick so I dunno why people are so shocked he’d pull shit like this.
I've heard these sorts of stories about him. I think a lot of artist-types are hyper-focused and sometimes not so mindful of others, for better or worse. That, he's had some sort of breakdown, or both. At least read some good shit to fans of the band that paid to see them. Why wouldn't the rest of the band have intervened? It's not a solo project anyways.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Apparently this was advertised as "an evening with Roger Waters" I wouldn't have expected him to read his book but I would have maybe expected some stories and what not.

Saw this comment so it seems like the mail who aren't exactly known for telling the truth seemed to leave some stuff out too...

There is some dispute over just how much of the darkside he played. Some reports are he played only a few songs complete and did bits of others but not complete

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
i'm definitely the minority but as stories are concerned i would to know if he has any tales about playing pocket pool, whether it's 9 ball or snooker. i read somewhere he can hold his own. it would be interesting if he's played against any of the greats like strickland or reyes in 9 ball or jimmy white or ronnie o'sullivan in snooker over the years.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
For those curious. The London Palladium where this happened does a lot of "an evening with"--usually about 1/4 the show is Q and A and Waters did not do any really Q and A's during his things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad