Funny Story At The WJR's

• Thread starter OttawaRoughRiderFan*
  • Start date

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

When you came in to the US Canada game the volunteers handed everyone (who wanted one) a US flag.

Later, I was in the washroom when I saw a man, bent over the sink, washing his hands. His American flag was hanging out of his BACK pocket.

I said to him :

"Oh no... bad news... looks like you sat in something"

pointing at the flag. To his credit, he laughed.

It was 90%+ Canadian so, I assume he thought, when in Rome... :)

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
When you came in to the US Canada game the volunteers handed everyone (who wanted one) a US flag.

Later, I was in the washroom when I saw a man, bent over the sink, washing his hands. His American flag was hanging out of his BACK pocket.

I said to him :

Should have capped it off with this

Then I'd be laughin

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

I said to him :

On your way home yet?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

On your way home yet?

Rabid Ranger :

Of all the people in this forum, I thought you would think I was Quick. Clever. Witty.

Anyway, both side of the fan divide had a blast last night. There was a fun, give and take, going both ways. And, even though the US was heavily outnumbered, they gave as good as they got. Many US fans came prepared to rib the Canadian visitors and we had a big laugh in our section. All in good fun.

I only saw one fight... outside... after the game. :help: So silly. A police car turned on their siren and the fighters fled.

Thanks Buffalo. That was GREAT!!!! You did a wonderful job. Just one more win to make it PERFECT!!!

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Even though the games were held in the USA even the ushers at the HSBC were supporting Canada by wearing red!

:nod:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Even though the games were held in the USA even the ushers at the HSBC were supporting Canada by wearing red!

:nod:

You have to give Hockey Canada credit. 15 years ago you NEVER saw merchandise with Hockey Canada on it. Now, I would argue that, on average, every person in Canada has AT LEAST ONE Hockey Canada item - maybe 2.

They have marketed the brand to the max!!! They could teach a course on it.

Then, they put out a new colour or a new logo or a new design of shirt with the (amazing) Hockey Canada logo on it and it gets eaten up. They aren't cheap either.

The World Juniors has had more to do with that then anything else. It sucks people in at Christmas and gives them something to give as a gift as the tournament approaches.

Good for them!!! Good for Canada and Canadian Hockey.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
You have to give Hockey Canada credit. 15 years ago you NEVER saw merchandise with Hockey Canada on it. Now, I would argue that, on average, every person in Canada has AT LEAST ONE Hockey Canada item - maybe 2.

They have marketed the brand to the max!!! They could teach a course on it.

Then, they put out a new colour or a new logo or a new design of shirt with the (amazing) Hockey Canada logo on it and it gets eaten up. They aren't cheap either.

The World Juniors has had more to do with that then anything else. It sucks people in at Christmas and gives them something to give as a gift as the tournament approaches.

Good for them!!! Good for Canada and Canadian Hockey.

No way that is even close to true. I am a hardcore hockey fan and I fully support team Canada but I just don't own any hockey Canada items. The vast majority of my friends and their families are not really hockey fans but definitely cheer for Canada at international competitions but do not own hockey Canada apparel.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

No way that is even close to true. I am a hardcore hockey fan and I fully support team Canada but I just don't own any hockey Canada items. The vast majority of my friends and their families are not really hockey fans but definitely cheer for Canada at international competitions but do not own hockey Canada apparel.

Really? You don't believe Hockey Canada has sold at least 30,000,000 items - whether it is hats, scarves, shirts, T-Shirts, socks, etc over the last 15 years?

I would be willing to bet they have.

I heard the Vancouver Olympic shirt, alone, sold 1 million.

Maybe I am wrong but I see Hockey Canada stuff everywhere. More then I see anything else.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
Really? You don't believe Hockey Canada has sold at least 30,000,000 items - whether it is hats, scarves, shirts, T-Shirts, socks, etc over the last 15 years?

I would be willing to bet they have.

I heard the Vancouver Olympic shirt, alone, sold 1 million.

Maybe I am wrong but I see Hockey Canada stuff everywhere. More then I see anything else.

You said it like everyone is Canada has one to two items which i think is far from true. There are lots of people with no items but there are lots of people with like 5 items. I guess there could possibly be 30, 000, 000 sold but I would say there would be at least 20% of the population without any Canada gear.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

You said it like everyone is Canada has one to two items which i think is far from true. There are lots of people with no items but there are lots of people with like 5 items. I guess there could possibly be 30, 000, 000 sold but I would say there would be at least 20% of the population without any Canada gear.

I said "on average". :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad