Funny power rankings

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Go check them out at iihwc.net:Power rankings

I think the short comment's for every nation are hilarious, for example.
Slovakia:
Shocking fact: all their other medals were won with the help of Satan :biglaugh:

They are updated daily I believe.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Russia

Two straight wins: will Coach Krikunov give the boys a day off for shopping?

Finland

Number two--now this is more our style

Haha, they are hillarious, I saw them before when they had a few good ones also.

Potlach

Jan 13, 2006
The Czech one is great.

"Whoever scouted Slovenia had a few too many Pilsners". ;)

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Funny stuff, but pretty shocking that the IIHF would publish that. Some of the stuff will fly, but the direct slams on countries is pretty out-of-line (i.e. "As a hockey country, Norway has some great cheerleaders"). For an organization that is supposed to be promoting the game of hockey all over the world, I wouldn't expect them to take direct slams at hockey countries.

lametis

Nov 15, 2003
NY
dulzhok said:
Funny stuff, but pretty shocking that the IIHF would publish that. Some of the stuff will fly, but the direct slams on countries is pretty out-of-line (i.e. "As a hockey country, Norway has some great cheerleaders"). For an organization that is supposed to be promoting the game of hockey all over the world, I wouldn't expect them to take direct slams at hockey countries.

Dude, it's definitely not a slam on Norway if you saw the Canada-Norway, those were some nice looking girls in the crowd. :D

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
I laughed for a while at Latvia's. "As hosts, it was very polite to let the Finns score 5 times." :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Jazz

Guys/Gals

They have been doing this "Power Ranking" update every couple of days for each of the past 5 years now...and there have been some classics.

Jeesh I wish North Americans paid more attention to international hockey....

Hockey does not begin and end with the NHL.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Jazz said:
Guys/Gals

They have been doing this "Power Ranking" update every couple of days for each of the past 5 years now...and there have been some classics.

Jeesh I wish North Americans paid more attention to international hockey....

Hockey does not begin and end with the NHL.
So true.

NHL may be the top of the hockey pyramid but hockey is more than the NHL.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Haha. These ones are my favourites:

USA:
Craig Anderson makes Jason Bacashihua into Jason Backup-shihua

Italy:
Remember in Gladiator when the whole arena gives the thumbs-down?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
12# Peter Bondra said:
So true.

NHL may be the top of the hockey pyramid but hockey is more than the NHL.

Yeah I agree. For me the NHL aren't hockey. NHL is the NHL and nothing will ever come close to it, I am not familiar enough with the rest of the leagues (NFL?) to comment if the NHL po's are the toughest in sports. But the Stanley Cup is defenitly a institute right up there with the absolute classics in other sports, like World Cup in Soccer ect.

But for example I think the CHL, Memorial Cup right, seems to be a really underrated tournament. From what I saw in some short clips around the Crosby circus last year there seemed to be some very exciting hockey played there.

I also love the hockey played in the WJC. Very entertaining.

Now the WCH, I also love the WCH, but in a diffrent way. The WCH is more show, but once you get to feel the atmosphere during a WCH you fall in love with it. I've been at 4 WCH and there is always a tremendous atmosphere. Everyone drinks a ton of beer and there are natrual carnivals with half drunk hockey fans flooding the streets. Can you imagine a better vacation then Prague in May, the culture, the beer, the resturants and a chance to see some great players at the same time. I love it.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Canada: The beaver is the tournament mascot, and the beaver is Canada's national animal: hail the Mighty Beaver!

USA: World Championship fever sweeps the United States as Americans try to find Latvia on the map

Slovakia: Winning all the Preliminary Round games in Turin was a lot sexier

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
:biglaugh: good stuff!

"American media focuses on Britney Spears pregnancy to distract attention from loss to Finland"

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
It's all about the finesse of Hal Gill and the veteran presence of Phil Kessel

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

:lol:

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
Hedberg said:
"Italy offers Tony Iob to Vancouver for Todd Bertuzzi"
:biglaugh:

Haha. I would get offended if I was Todd, that Tony guy is a total nutcase.

The most bizarre incident occurred in the 1994 Italian league season when Iob picked up a lighter from the debris thrown on the ice during a bench clearing brawl and grabbed an opponent's jersey before attempting to set him on fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad