OT: Funniest Posts of 2018

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're never short of hyperbole, hot takes and the recency effect on this forum.

Some samples:

From Nov. 15th:

If we can beat Vancouver will win the cup

From Nov. 13th:

Domi will do 360's around McDavid.

From Nov. 10th:

Tatar? I wouldn't even trade that 2nd we got in the deal for Patches.

From Nov. 9th:

I've played goaltender myself when I was Novice B and I was way better than Price.

All of them qualified for the House of Hot Takes meme:

2lw2hq.jpg

As OC noted on Nov. 9th:

We are all experts in everything, do we need another thread to prove this?

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How could I forget the epic post by CoopersFalls during the GDT of Nov. 5th. Gainesvillain made sure to flag it in the PGT:

Imma just leave this here....

I didn’t say every team down 3-1 after the first is done. I’m saying this game tonight, is game over. Bookmark this post for when the game is over and see who is the one with a lack of understanding of the game of hockey.

The result: Habs won the game 4-3 vs. the Isles.

This is another candidate for Post of the Year.

The best part -- when you look at the list of posters who voted a like for the post, CoopersFalls himself is liking it. :laugh:

This is pure HF braggadoccio -- doubling down to prove a point and being proven wrong, is all par for the course.

The last time I saw a post with such epic fallout, was the following from August 1st, 2014:

IF you traded Subban for Weber you'd be a moron

Subban Contract Talk VI

And 76ftw took a lot of flak for subsequently endorsing Weber over Subban and to his credit, he staved off quite a few snide comments about this post, over the years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I have to find the one by 'opticmax' who changed his name to 'TinderFamer', then to something else.. after we busted him for saying he knows JJ Daignaeult personally, and he and Bergy didn't know each other as kids. He went on some rampage telling us not to say smack about his personal friend JJD. When we pointed out the article saying Marc and JJD were close friends as kids, he changed his username a few times.

You shouldn't be able to change your username. Take the good with the bad around here. We've all eaten crow

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
You shouldn't be able to change your username. Take the good with the bad around here. We've all eaten crow
On the old site, if you hovered the pointer over a username, it would show any previous aliases they had.

Reactions: Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tshirt guy (the guy with the funny tshirts at an away game in Florida?)

Some of his t-shirts from a Dec. 2017 Panthers game, where he first came to our attention:

21wrnz.jpg

And then he was on everyone's radar, with the March 8, 2018 game, with TSN featuring him prominently in their game highlights, even adding a special boost effect on his creations:

26320e.gif

2632wt.gif

2633rz.gif

And what the crowd looked like on that March 8th game vs. the Panthers. No kidding t-shirt guy was able to get those tickets behind Julien, so easily:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
During the Panthers game on March 8th, there was also an unexpected twitter spat between the t-shirt guy and Jack Todd, where we found out that Todd had been a guest at t-shirt guy's wedding and the whole thing turned nasty in real time:

The t-shirt guy countered with this response, which we couldn't print here as a tweet, given its foul language, so here is his edited response:

"I'd love to spend one round in the ring with you. Just one. To pummel your ass. You suck as a writer and as a friend like the way you turned on Russ Anber years ago. You were at my wedding I wanted to throw you the **** out but spared my family "@jacktodd46
5:30 PM - 8 Mar 2018

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kotka-wut-not-zadina lady
Panties-less lady at the draft

2hbbkl.gif

Not to be outdone, the guy on the what-lady's left, a real shit-disturber in his own right:

dzwvsK8.gif

The what-lady's performance was so extravagant, that it outshone this other Hab fan in the stands that day, who was equally dejected by the Habs selecting Kotkaniemi:

2cvhlv.gif

And even this:

UGWwPDh.jpg

Which spawned several memes:

2cqmkh.jpg

The above inspired TGS to change his avatar:

243391.jpg

Changed my avatar once again! Priceless

2cs9ow.jpg

2curh6.jpg

2cutzo.jpg

While Buffalo and Carolina celebrated their picks made just ahead of the Habs, we had to live through this ...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This gem post from the Kotkaniemi draft thread:

I was 100 % certain until yesterday that Aki Berg drafted at #3 was the most insane Finnish pick ever. Montreal however proved me wrong, Kotkaniemi won’t ever score 30 points in the NHL, if he even ever gets there. Sorry, but Canadiens made a horrible decision by getting him on their team !

B O O K M A R K E D

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This made the rounds quite a bit earlier in the year:

Bozovin.gif

Reactions: ArtPeur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad