Post-Game Talk: Funnest game of the year, a 6-5 SOW for FLA @ NYR - Barkov keeps goal streak alive at 5 games

More believable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So weird

When the Panthers played at Colorado, my Mavs played there the night before.

Tonight, the mavs play the Celtics and tomorrow we got the Bs.

I am gonna get a double dose of Ls

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
On Bob and Monty bashing, I don’t think Monty’s play was good at all. The perfect example to me was the pass-shot from zero angle that went in off Matheson’s stick, yes an unfortunate deflection BUT Monty left the post way too early. Bob doesn’t let that one in. Monty’s got to be sharper in the few starts he’s gonna get - tough task, but he wanted it.

Yeah I was at first wondering why on earth he let that post go, he would have had it if he stayed put. Seeing later it deflected off of Matheson, I could understand his thinking (in the split second you have to think :D ). He was kind of cheating a little, thinking it would end up with a Ranger in front. A shame, but the guy is still very young and will do mistakes like these. It's tough for a goalie when he isn't playing every game to keep that sharpness at the top. Seeing him come in last season, he proved he has all the ingredient to be a good goalie for us. He needs to do better but I'm not jumping ship on him. He isn't gonna cost us a playoff spot. If the Panthers wanna get in they have to be able to rely on their number one. On Bob, I think he has played better and better. And even when it looked less good he still made several big saves to keep us in the games. He just hasn't really had a game where he looked unbeatable throughout yet. Though it's been him, the D and the attacking players defensive game that has been an issue...plus a lot of deflected shots, any goalie will have problems saving those.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I was watching the Kansas City Chiefs football game yesterday, so I recorded the hockey game and went to watch today. For some reason it stopped working with about 2 minutes to go in the first , so I had to watch the highlights. As the game was going on I did not think we were going to win.

Anyone else growing a stache?
I sure as hell am.

I had a nice thin red Moustache going ( for some strange reason I have brown hair, but red facial hair) for two months for baseball playoffs, but have since shaved it off. With my MS and tremmors it was being too hard to take care of. My wife didn't care that I had it, but she refused to help me up keep it. :laugh:

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
A true Finn then! I lived in Mikkeli for a year where I attended a university student party with the title "Management by perkele". Theme was to grow the naughtiest beard possible. Let me say that the showing was rather sad by the majority of Finns (exchange girls from the Southern Europe even pulled off nicer staches :sarcasm:)... Ek hast more hair on his face than half Finland.

But who needs a beard when you can drink like champions!

I got a full grown beard ;)

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
My 2 cents to this game:

- Boyle is an absolute steal, exactly what we were missing
- Can we finally put the Dads or Hoff discussion to rest? Dads was a beast, scoring, physical, and all that on a consistent basis. Would prefer Ek or Weegar on the first PP unit instead of Hoff
- Refs keep doing their sh*t show
- Monty was NOT bad. 5 goals look bad, yes, and I get why Vendetta keeps blasting Bob and Monty both. But still: Monty and Bob provide something we didn't have last year - they are solid all the time and not giving up real stinkers. Even from an athletic point of view, they both look so much more sound than Lou (who had it, but just got old) and Reims (never seen an NHL goalie so uncoordinated and deep in his net). Monty and Bob don't cost us games and give us a shot each and every night

Overall, I don't get why our team doesn't have more fans. Our games are always exciting rollercoaster rides (maybe to dangerous health wise for most people, myself included...)

I do think Monty was bad for about 40 minutes of yesterday's game. Bob was fantastic on Saturday.

Reactions: Boothinator

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I don't know what you guys expect from a backup goalie in his second season. He is rock solid, mentally tough, never out of position, technically sound and plays the puck very well. He will not do the Bobrovsky highlight reel saves, but he doesn't cost as with big mistakes - watch the last two seasons again to remember what real stinkers are.

Last night he was very good in the 3rd, OT and SO. I disagree that he was bad in the 1st and 2nd. There was no clear cut mistake on his part. Sure, with a bit more luck, some goals he gave up could have been stopped. But he was always in a position to make a safe - I'm sure that if the Skjei pass had connected in the middle while Monty continued hugging the post, you would blame him for not laterally moving over... No chance on Kreider deflection where he can just hope to get hit by the puck, Chytil, Lindgren and Kakko shots were great.

Keep it real and cut the kid some slack!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Lmao people actually saying Monty wasn’t aweful the first 40 mins. Actually quite impressive for him to rebound in the 3rd and ot- so. But that game wouldn’t have been close with average goaltending first two periods

Reactions: aviators99

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
A game at MSG against Lundquist and he won. That had to feel nice for the kid. That stop on Panarin in the shootout was just sick.
That was a great save. I wonder if they would've counted the goal if it went over his pad and in. Panarin was backing up as he shot.

Reactions: Rahooji

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Of course, Monty's save percentage looked bad over periods 1 and 2. So it is easy to say he actually was "bad" or even "awful".
Eye test still counts though, and IMO the goals he gave up were neither stinkers nor especially weak - have to admit that there were no real big game saving saves either.

How about some grey instead of always the black and white? Again, he is a backup, not a 10-million-dollar man

Reactions: Kellyr and Rahooji
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->