Post-Game Talk: Funnest game of the year, a 6-5 SOW for FLA @ NYR - Barkov keeps goal streak alive at 5 games

More believable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That Tro line was really good today, again it was a nice move by Q!
Tro feeds off speed and both Vatrano and Malgin supply that.
Surprised how Q responded to GR's question about Tro sliding down to 3C.

That's two times Vinny has come up big in the shootout.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Soo, we better make sure playoff spot doesn't come to tiebreakers because there are only five teams in the league with less regulation wins than us. But for now, yay two points :D

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Flyers win, gonna be facing the Bs on a losing streak, idk if thats good or bad

Buffalo sliding, Leafs lost too, they look bad lately. I'm more worried about playing the Habs than Leafs to be honest.
But yes Bruins are on 3 gamer of no fun, they gonna be pissed. Hoping we get Acciari back, he will want to smash some old team-mates and probably scores/set-up a goal.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
My 2 cents to this game:

- Boyle is an absolute steal, exactly what we were missing
- Can we finally put the Dads or Hoff discussion to rest? Dads was a beast, scoring, physical, and all that on a consistent basis. Would prefer Ek or Weegar on the first PP unit instead of Hoff
- Refs keep doing their sh*t show
- Monty was NOT bad. 5 goals look bad, yes, and I get why Vendetta keeps blasting Bob and Monty both. But still: Monty and Bob provide something we didn't have last year - they are solid all the time and not giving up real stinkers. Even from an athletic point of view, they both look so much more sound than Lou (who had it, but just got old) and Reims (never seen an NHL goalie so uncoordinated and deep in his net). Monty and Bob don't cost us games and give us a shot each and every night

Overall, I don't get why our team doesn't have more fans. Our games are always exciting rollercoaster rides (maybe to dangerous health wise for most people, myself included...)

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I might try. Mine would be embarassing but who cares.

A true Finn then! I lived in Mikkeli for a year where I attended a university student party with the title "Management by perkele". Theme was to grow the naughtiest beard possible. Let me say that the showing was rather sad by the majority of Finns (exchange girls from the Southern Europe even pulled off nicer staches :sarcasm:)... Ek hast more hair on his face than half Finland.

But who needs a beard when you can drink like champions!

Reactions: FinlandPanther

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Sasha is just too good... :D
bar.jpg

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
My 2 cents to this game:

- Boyle is an absolute steal, exactly what we were missing
- Can we finally put the Dads or Hoff discussion to rest? Dads was a beast, scoring, physical, and all that on a consistent basis. Would prefer Ek or Weegar on the first PP unit instead of Hoff
- Refs keep doing their sh*t show
- Monty was NOT bad. 5 goals look bad, yes, and I get why Vendetta keeps blasting Bob and Monty both. But still: Monty and Bob provide something we didn't have last year - they are solid all the time and not giving up real stinkers. Even from an athletic point of view, they both look so much more sound than Lou (who had it, but just got old) and Reims (never seen an NHL goalie so uncoordinated and deep in his net). Monty and Bob don't cost us games and give us a shot each and every night

Overall, I don't get why our team doesn't have more fans. Our games are always exciting rollercoaster rides (maybe to dangerous health wise for most people, myself included...)
I agree that Dads is playing really well right now, much better than Hoff. However, I’m not ready to give up on Hoff quite yet - and the question about whether to keep him or not depends on price. Right now he’s playing himself well out of that $7M+ annual category. In which case if he gets the PP points going, he might be worth keeping.

On Bob and Monty bashing, I don’t think Monty’s play was good at all. The perfect example to me was the pass-shot from zero angle that went in off Matheson’s stick, yes an unfortunate deflection BUT Monty left the post way too early. Bob doesn’t let that one in. Monty’s got to be sharper in the few starts he’s gonna get - tough task, but he wanted it.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
^Agreed on Monty. He has not been good past couple of games. Bob has been good enough.

Our defense can best be described as standing around especially in front of our own net. It's no wonder pucks keep getting deflected off one of our own players and into our net.

The Panthers need to tighten the f*** up on defense. To a man. It starts with man-on-man coverage and constantly moving your feet.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

I disagree, Monty let in a bunch of stinker today and he got bailed out by the team. He played well in the third and if he had played like that all game long, the second, thrid and fifth goal would have been stopped easily (and probably the first one as well).

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I disagree, Monty let in a bunch of stinker today and he got bailed out by the team. He played well in the third and if he had played like that all game long, the second, thrid and fifth goal would have been stopped easily (and probably the first one as well).

I wouldn't call them stinkers. But he didn't make any game breaking saves either. It's about what we should be expecting from a league minimum paid rookie goaltender.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I wouldn't call them stinkers. But he didn't make any game breaking saves either. It's about what we should be expecting from a league minimum paid rookie goaltender.

He made up for it in the 3rd/OT/SO. Yeah, he put us in a hole over 40 minutes, but at least he shut the door beyond that.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Any updates on Mack? It sounds like Coach Q doesn't expect him to play Tues vs Bruins but he should be good to go vs Jets on Thurs. Anyone hear anything else other than Mack's thumbs up tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad