TSN: Fun little Marner game

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
mostly the other players besides maybe barzal, hall
hes on par with kuznetsov, eichel and pettersson

the rest ill take the other player.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Marner over everyone except Eichel, Mackinnon, Barkov and Kucherov.

Only one I had to think about was Rantanen but I choose Marner. I used the fact Marner can average 82 points with Kadri. There's nothing to go on to show Rantanen can produce without Mackinnon.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Marner over all of them except for Nathan MacKinnon. Kucherov is 5 years older... therefore if building from scratch, Marner over all except MacKinnon.

BTW... I said it the day of the draft, Marner will go down in history as the 2nd best of his draft year. Few in here picking Eichel over Marner today...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Marner over all of them except for Nathan MacKinnon. Kucherov is 5 years older... therefore if building from scratch, Marner over all except MacKinnon.

BTW... I said it the day of the draft, Marner will go down in history as the 2nd best of his draft year. Few in here picking Eichel over Marner today...

Marner is much better than eichel.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
OP in his opening post said "age counts assuming you're signing him for 8 years"...

Well I never noticed that, carry on with your choices.

This must be a new tsn segment, because overdrive have done it twice earlier in the offseason and age didn’t matter I guess I assumed it was that the op was referring too

Reactions: Northernguy10

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Why do people think that Marner is better than Drai exactly? I think that's homerism, tbh.

100% it is. 50 goal 55 point player is a top top player. Even if you only count him as a winger (I don't I think he is a C which adds even more value) that is a better player than marner.

He is 2 years older than marner that isn't enough age gap to make manrer be a bit closer

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Not at all this is who would you rather have this game . Lets just say your drafting right now at spot 5 hypothetical number at ome of the 2 players are available you all ready know their potential who are you picking . XFunRuinerX

Lmao I'll play a bit then to avoid that very edgy nickname.

Would I take Marner or the other guys if the salary cap didn't exist?
I'd take Marner over most of the other players

Would I take Marner or the other guys if they were being paid the exact same salary?
I'd take Marner over most of the other players

Would I take Marner at 11M or the other guys at their current salary?
I'd take most of the other guys.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Marner is my favorite Leaf, But if he ends up getting over $10m i'd trade him for any other player on the list straight up.
I wonder if any team would trade their listed player for Marner. He’s good but none of those would be a slam dunk.

gravyface

Jun 22, 2010
Marner over everyone except Eichel, Mackinnon, Barkov and Kucherov.

Only one I had to think about was Rantanen but I choose Marner. I used the fact Marner can average 82 points with Kadri. There's nothing to go on to show Rantanen can produce without Mackinnon.

Age though?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Kuch, Scheif, Barkov, MacKinnon over Marner. Had to think pretty hard about Point and Rantanen

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Marner OR Brayden Point
Marner OR Nikita Kucherov
Marner
OR Patrik Laine
Marner OR David Pastrnak
Marner
OR Leon Draisaitl
Marner OR Mark Scheifele
Marner OR Sasha Barkov
Marner OR Elias Pettersson

Marner OR Evgeny Kuznetsov
Marner OR Mathew Barzal
Marner OR Jack Eichel
Marner
OR Taylor Hall (only because of age)
Marner OR Mikko Rantanen
Marner OR Nathan MacKinnon

Point, Kuch, MacK, and Barkov are significantly better.

Barzal, Pasta, Hall and EP40 are better. Hall I didn't pick because he's not better enough it's worth 5.5 years.

Eichel, I still think has potential to be in the top-tier, but I just can never peg him - went with him though, probably the wrong answer. You could easily convince me it's Marner > Eichel.

Marner is better than Drai, Scheif, Kuzy, and Rants. Four of the most overrated players in the league.

Laine is not even remotely worth the discussion.

Don't @ me, you know who you are.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Marner OR Brayden point
Marner OR Nikita Kucherov
Marner OR Patrik Laine
Marner OR David Pastrnak
Marner OR Leon Draisaitl
Marner OR Mark Scheifele
Marner OR Sasha barkov
Marner OR Elias Pettersson
Marner OR Evgeny Kuznetsov
Marner OR Mathew Barzal
Marner OR Jack Eichel
Marner OR Taylor Hall
Marner OR Mikko Rantanen
Marner OR Nathan MacKinnon

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011

Def not bro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->