Fun Game: Help My Team With The 04 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Moose

Hey,

I figured where better to get some insight than from you hockey nuts. You guys always have great opinions so I figured I'd ask here.

In my keeper hockey league, we are doing our Entry draft in a few weeks. I hold the 4th/8th/12th/16th overall picks in the entry draft. Oveckin/Malkin/Barker are going 1,2,3 forsure...thats set in stone. With the 4th pick I also traded the rights to drafting A. Ladd so the 5th place team gets him, so I do not have the option to draft him. I've made out a list of which guys would help me.

4th Pick - I need a scoring forward to build my team around. I have a young team, Ruttu, Lehtonen, Brown, Katistyn etc...so I need someone that can come in, be a top line type player & can score.

8th Pick - I need a defenceman. Someone that I can build around also. That huge kid looks great but Thelen has always caught my eye.

12th/16th Pick - Might be willing to take a risk here, hoping for some more forward help tho.

4th Pick Pick
ROSTISLAV OLESZ
LAURI TUKONEN
ALEXANDRE PICARD

8th Overall Pick
LADISLAV SMID
BORIS VALABIK
A.J. THELEN

12th/16th Overall
PETTERI NOKELAINEN
LAURI KORPIKOSKI
ROB SCHREMP
WOJTEK WOLSKI

Who would you pick, where would you pick them & would you add/replace anyone from from that list? Those are the guy's I'd more than likley see avalible at my time of picking.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Personally, I'd take Tukonen fourth overall.

With the 8 pick, well, its a great deal of personal preference. If it were me, I'd go with Thelen.

The 12/16 picks are a different beast. It's really difficult to tell who people will go with. I would not be surprised in Schremp was a top 10 pick in many FHL leagues, so don't assume he will be available. With picks outside of the top 10, especially with how the draft went in the NHL, you really can't set in stone what position you want your picks to be. Just go with the flow and scoop anyone that you felt slipped.

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
Hockey Moose said:
Hey,

I figured where better to get some insight than from you hockey nuts. You guys always have great opinions so I figured I'd ask here.

In my keeper hockey league, we are doing our Entry draft in a few weeks. I hold the 4th/8th/12th/16th overall picks in the entry draft. Oveckin/Malkin/Barker are going 1,2,3 forsure...thats set in stone. With the 4th pick I also traded the rights to drafting A. Ladd so the 5th place team gets him, so I do not have the option to draft him. I've made out a list of which guys would help me.

4th Pick - I need a scoring forward to build my team around. I have a young team, Ruttu, Lehtonen, Brown, Katistyn etc...so I need someone that can come in, be a top line type player & can score.

8th Pick - I need a defenceman. Someone that I can build around also. That huge kid looks great but Thelen has always caught my eye.

12th/16th Pick - Might be willing to take a risk here, hoping for some more forward help tho.

4th Pick Pick
ROSTISLAV OLESZ
LAURI TUKONEN
ALEXANDRE PICARD

8th Overall Pick
LADISLAV SMID
BORIS VALABIK
A.J. THELEN

12th/16th Overall
PETTERI NOKELAINEN
LAURI KORPIKOSKI
ROB SCHREMP
WOJTEK WOLSKI

Who would you pick, where would you pick them & would you add/replace anyone from from that list? Those are the guy's I'd more than likley see avalible at my time of picking.

4 Take Tukonen
8 take Thelen (if he is gone Smid)

12/16 take Schremp but I doubt he will be there. So take Korpikoski/Radulov/wolski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->