Line Combos: Fully Healthy Forward Group Poll

Pick the option you'd go with

• RW2: Donato, LW3: Heinen, C3: Riley, RW3: Backes, RW4: Rick, Extra1: Acciari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RW2: Donato, LW3: Rick, C3: Riley, RW3: Backes, RW4: Heinen, Extra1: Acciari

• RW2: Donato, LW3: Heinen, C3: Backes, RW3: Rick, RW4: Riley, Extra1: Acciari

• RW2: Donato, LW3: Rick, C3: Riley, RW3: Backes, RW4: Acciari, Extra1: Heinen

• Total voters

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Within reason, we know this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-RW2
LW3
-C3-RW3
Schaller-Kuraly-RW4
Extra1

Wingels
Gionta

6 players to be decided are:

Donato
Heinen
Rick Nash
Riley Nash
Backes
Acciari

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I chose other. Clearly as we've seen they prefer Backes on the wing for whatever reason, so I've got him as RW4. I keep Donato on a short leash. If he's producing, he plays

63/37/88
74/46/61
43/20/17
59/52/42

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Debrusk - Krejci - Rick Nash

Donato - Riley Nash - Backes

Schaller - Kuraly - Heinen

Extra: Acciari

I'd love to see Backes in the middle, but at the same time, Riley Nash is much more effective in the middle than as a winger, and the coaching staff seem to prefer Backes on RW.

They really need Rick Nash to be playing with offensive players to justify the price to bring him in. The production of Krejci and Debrusk went up immediately when Rick Nash joined their line.

The Heinen - Riley - Backes line hasn't gotten much done offensively for awhile now. Donato can boost their offensive potential, and having two solid veteran two-way players on his line should help with his weaknesses defensively. Not to mention Backes is a very underrated playmaker/passer and could use that to set Donato up for his shot.

Heinen when he was recalled early in the season started out on line 4 and looked fine. His game is well rounded enough to not look out of place there. That spot (4th line RW) has virtually no special teams responsibility, which should be fine for Heinen. You will need production from all 4 lines, and Heinen gives them the better chance to do that than Acciari.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

I'd love to see Backes in the middle, but at the same time, Riley Nash is much more effective in the middle than as a winger, and the coaching staff seem to prefer Backes on RW.

They really need Rick Nash to be playing with offensive players to justify the price to bring him in. The production of Krejci and Debrusk went up immediately when Rick Nash joined their line.

The Heinen - Riley - Backes line hasn't gotten much done offensively for awhile now. Donato can boost their offensive potential, and having two solid veteran two-way players on his line should help with his weaknesses defensively. Not to mention Backes is a very underrated playmaker/passer and could use that to set Donato up for his shot.

Heinen when he was recalled early in the season started out on line 4 and looked fine. His game is well rounded enough to not look out of place there. That spot (4th line RW) has virtually no special teams responsibility, which should be fine for Heinen. You will need production from all 4 lines, and Heinen gives them the better chance to do that than Acciari.

Agreed although I may switch Donato and Heinen.

Reactions: Btown

Jim Turcotte

Feb 1, 2018

Jim Turcotte

Feb 1, 2018
I don’t think that they will mess with Acciari on the fourth line. They like his physical play.

My gut is that Donato and Heinen will compete for that third line spot.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I voted with this one too. I think this is the lineup that keeps the best chemistry together, ices the most talent, and keeps top 9 guys playing top 9 minutes, aside from Heinen. I think this is the best we can do.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I chose other. Clearly as we've seen they prefer Backes on the wing for whatever reason, so I've got him as RW4. I keep Donato on a short leash. If he's producing, he plays

63/37/88
74/46/61
43/20/17
59/52/42

I was just talking about this in the Donato thread.

This is what I'd go with as well.

Balanced scoring through 4 lines. A "defensive" 3C who also has been great offensively, and a physical 4th that could also pot a few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->