OT: Full Metallica Show

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Nice.

My niece was at this show, doing some crowd surfing out there apparently, lol.

Said during her crowd surf she "locked eyes with James Hetfield for a solid 4 seconds" and that she could now die happy. :laugh:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Sweet...I missed the show but I'll check out the video. Thanks for posting that. And from what I've listened to so far, they are sounding GOOD!!

Last edited:

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Sweet...I missed the show but I'll check out the video. Thanks for posting that. And from what I've listened to so far, they are sounding GOOD!!

They're certainly a well oiled machine, that's for sure. And James' voice has only gotten better since he got his issues sorted.

^ Pun not intended whatsoever actually.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Really. With so many on the floor, I would have thought it much higher.

I know. That's the only official number I know of, but I've heard "unofficially" that there was between 50 and 60 thousand. It seemed like a billion to me.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Not even remotely close to my genre of music but I think it's neat that they put the entire concert up on the internet. I don't think I've ever seen that done, at least by any of the artists I follow.

Is this something Metallica always does?

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Not even remotely close to my genre of music but I think it's neat that they put the entire concert up. I don't think I've ever seen that done, at least by any of the artists I follow.

Is this something Metallica always does?

They do post full songs, like the day after a show. Not usually the full concert.

They also video b-roll footage of the town they are in, pre-show tuning room stuff (my favorite), and cool moments from meet and greet sessions before the show. All within a day or two of it happening.

Really cool stuff (and expensive).

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
They do post full songs, like the day after a show. Not usually the full concert.

They also video b-roll footage of the town they are in, pre-show tuning room stuff (my favorite), and cool moments from meet and greet sessions before the show. All within a day or two of it happening.

Really cool stuff (and expensive).

Very cool. Wish more artists did stuff like this. Thanks for sharing.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Saw 'Wherever I May Roam Tour'.

Probably tye best show I've ever seen. Up there with NIN and Paul McCartney.

I saw them around 6 more times, each show getting progressively worse and worse. The Some Kind of Monster show was probably the worst show I'd ever seen.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Really. With so many on the floor, I would have thought it much higher.

Keep in mind that the stage being in the end zone means they don't sell tickets in the sections that would be behind or directly to the side of the stage. So there looked to be about 25% of the seats unavailable, which would put capacity at around 40,000 plus whatever they allowed on the field (field was probably half full which is probably as much as the fire marshall permits, but I'm just guessing). There were a few empty seats right at the top, but not many. I suspect the show was very close to being sold out. And it was awesome. Never seen Metallica before last night, I was very impressed with how hard those boys can still rock!

Bangers

May 31, 2006
They've come a long way from suing anyone that downloaded their tunes on Napster.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Very cool that Metallica posted the entire concert. I dont think I can recall any other artists doing this.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
They've come a long way from suing anyone that downloaded their tunes on Napster.

:laugh: These guys are old school, so I can see why they took it so far in that time of major change to the industry as we know it now.

Last edited:

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Keep in mind that the stage being in the end zone means they don't sell tickets in the sections that would be behind or directly to the side of the stage. So there looked to be about 25% of the seats unavailable, which would put capacity at around 40,000 plus whatever they allowed on the field (field was probably half full which is probably as much as the fire marshall permits, but I'm just guessing). There were a few empty seats right at the top, but not many. I suspect the show was very close to being sold out. And it was awesome. Never seen Metallica before last night, I was very impressed with how hard those boys can still rock!

yup good points about the unavailability of certain seats due to the stage set up. 45,000 is pretty much a sell-out though. thanx to the OP for posting the entire concert. i will watch tonight when i get home from work ! :yo::yo::yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad