upload_2021-5-4_19-53-44.png

upload_2021-5-4_19-56-44.png

upload_2021-5-4_19-57-26.png

upload_2021-5-4_19-58-27.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-0-9.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-0-34.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-1-9.png

Part 1.

I am not protecting any potential UFAs unless it is in the team's best interest to simply expose someone or they have no one they're fussed about losing.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
upload_2021-5-4_20-3-54.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-4-36.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-5-8.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-5-35.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-6-4.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-6-22.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-6-38.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-7-4.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-7-23.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-7-47.png

Part 2

Edit: NYI should show Mayfield protected over Leddy.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Draft Day Trades

CHI/SEA

For taking Seabrook

Chicago sends Krys, 2nd, Alex Nylander

VAN/SEA

For taking Eriksson

Vancouver sends 2nd, Juolevi

upload_2021-5-4_20-32-54.png

upload_2021-5-4_20-33-12.png

Roster is over the limit for roster players so Seattle would likely distribute a bunch of players for futures.

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
I think Ottawa would be more interested in protecting Gustavsson over Murray at this point.

Edmonton probably protects Skinner over Koskinen as I'm sure they would want/hope that contract is taken.

What does Florida trade to keep Dreiger? :sarcasm:

Reactions: andys and Icelevel

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Ottawa would be more interested in protecting Gustavsson over Murray at this point.

Edmonton probably protects Skinner over Koskinen as I'm sure they would want/hope that contract is taken.

What does Florida trade to keep Dreiger? :sarcasm:

Ottawa - I don't think they want to have egg on their face so early on that deal

Possibly on Edmonton...there are other goalies available...but is Koskinen a better target than either of Allen/Khudobin?

Pretty sure Driedger is gone - Spencer Knight has arrived...and done better than I think anyone expected.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Hawks won't pay to take Seabrook, his contract is very likely insured and not costing them anything. Toews also won't need to be protected.
Ottawa will definitely protect Gus or Daccord over Murray. Everyone knows Francis would have to be crazy to take Murray and his contract considering his play and health the last couple years
Vancouver won't be giving away Juolevi to take Eriksson.
If you are going to stick Kylington in hte minors, you might as well take someone waiver exempt or that would clear waivers, because I really down Kylington would, or take Giordano and trade him to a contender for assets

Reactions: G Backup

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The Hawks won't pay to take Seabrook, his contract is very likely insured and not costing them anything. Toews also won't need to be protected.
Ottawa will definitely protect Gus or Daccord over Murray. Everyone knows Francis would have to be crazy to take Murray and his contract considering his play and health the last couple years
Vancouver won't be giving away Juolevi to take Eriksson.
If you are going to stick Kylington in hte minors, you might as well take someone waiver exempt or that would clear waivers, because I really down Kylington would, or take Giordano and trade him to a contender for assets

Toews needs to be protected

Insurance likely only covers 70% on Seabrook and can be a pain to navigate around. See Clarkson and CBJ paid to move that deal.

Calgary doesn't have a lot of interesting pieces to grab.

If Vancouver is unwilling to part with a piece like Juolevi to take Eriksson, then they can keep Eriksson :)

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Didn't see Carolina's screen shot; I suspect the Canes will protect Bean and expose Skjei. That is one question going back and forth on the Canes board, so I won't say it's certain.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Toews needs to be protected

Insurance likely only covers 70% on Seabrook and can be a pain to navigate around. See Clarkson and CBJ paid to move that deal.

Calgary doesn't have a lot of interesting pieces to grab.

If Vancouver is unwilling to part with a piece like Juolevi to take Eriksson, then they can keep Eriksson :)
Pretty sure Toews will be rules exempt from protection, but regardless Chicago isn't going to pay someone to to take Seabrook's cap hit, that would be a colossal waste of assets. I don't believe Clarkson's contract was insured, plus, COlumbus was trying to compete, Chicago is rebuilding.

You right, Vancouver will keep Eriksson if that is the cost. They'd be stupid not to.

Reactions: G Backup

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Pretty sure Toews will be rules exempt from protection, but regardless Chicago isn't going to pay someone to to take Seabrook's cap hit, that would be a colossal waste of assets. I don't believe Clarkson's contract was insured, plus, COlumbus was trying to compete, Chicago is rebuilding.

You right, Vancouver will keep Eriksson if that is the cost. They'd be stupid not to.

Clarkson's contract was insured, Nathan Horton's was not.

The team below does not look like a better team than this year. If Benning wants to keep his job, he needs to ice a damned good team next season. Freeing up Eriksson's $6M would help quite a bit. Ownership may also want to cut $$ and won't care for a prospect or picks.

upload_2021-5-5_12-46-22.png

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Didn't see Carolina's screen shot; I suspect the Canes will protect Bean and expose Skjei. That is one question going back and forth on the Canes board, so I won't say it's certain.

If Skjei was exposed, I imagine they take him instead. Maybe Carolina wants to free up some $$ for Hamilton.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ottawa - I don't think they want to have egg on their face so early on that deal

Possibly on Edmonton...there are other goalies available...but is Koskinen a better target than either of Allen/Khudobin?

Pretty sure Driedger is gone - Spencer Knight has arrived...and done better than I think anyone expected.
Regarding Koskinen, as an Edmonton fan, I'm not sure what we will do. Ideally we want a long term starting goalie. Koskinen is good, but struggles when he has to carry the load, so is best suited to be a 1B. I would say he is very similar to Allen and Khudobin overall. I'm not sure if we protect him or Skinner, who has good upside and is possibly NHL ready as soon as next year, in a limited role.

I will say that on the mock draft list, Kassian won't be protected over Josh Archibald. Archibald would be the best pick you guys could make if he was left unprotected, but he won't be, Tippett puts him out there in nearly every situation. We won't have any home runs available for you guys, and there is a chance that Nuge and/or Larsson to be re-signed so we have to protect them, and then we have good stuff for you to choose from. If that happens, Klefbom might be left available. His career may be over though, so I don't know if you would even want him. Or we go 4 and 4, which means we protect McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Nurse, Larsson, Bear, Klefbom, and probably Pulujarvi, which means Kailer Yamamoto falls into your laps.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Regarding Koskinen, as an Edmonton fan, I'm not sure what we will do. Ideally we want a long term starting goalie. Koskinen is good, but struggles when he has to carry the load, so is best suited to be a 1B. I would say he is very similar to Allen and Khudobin overall. I'm not sure if we protect him or Skinner, who has good upside and is possibly NHL ready as soon as next year, in a limited role.

I will say that on the mock draft list, Kassian won't be protected over Josh Archibald. Archibald would be the best pick you guys could make if he was left unprotected, but he won't be, Tippett puts him out there in nearly every situation. We won't have any home runs available for you guys, and there is a chance that Nuge and/or Larsson to be re-signed so we have to protect them, and then we have good stuff for you to choose from. If that happens, Klefbom might be left available. His career may be over though, so I don't know if you would even want him. Or we go 4 and 4, which means we protect McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Nurse, Larsson, Bear, Klefbom, and probably Pulujarvi, which means Kailer Yamamoto falls into your laps.

I went with the quick protect, Edmonton could leave RNH unsigned until after the expansion draft to keep Archibald protected.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I went with the quick protect, Edmonton could leave RNH unsigned until after the expansion draft to keep Archibald protected.
They could. I really think Kassian will be left unprotected. Not that Seattle should take him, he hasn't been living up to his contract since he was moved from McDavid's wing.

Most Oiler fans expect Seattle to take Seth Jones' brother Caleb. He's raw but has good offensive instincts and upside. We don't want to lose him, but I don't know if there is anyone we have better who is available.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
They could. I really think Kassian will be left unprotected. Not that Seattle should take him, he hasn't been living up to his contract since he was moved from McDavid's wing.

Most Oiler fans expect Seattle to take Seth Jones' brother Caleb. He's raw but has good offensive instincts and upside. We don't want to lose him, but I don't know if there is anyone we have better who is available.

Very possible. I tried to do something in depth with this but realize it's far from perfect. I also tried to incorporate some trades because as much as people say "it's not fair / not worth it" - we saw several with Vegas. Some may have learned their lessons, but not at all.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nashville will probably protect Kunin over Duchene.

I thought about whether or not they'd do that. If Duchene is there, I think Seattle takes him, they need centres and some offense.

From Colorado: Erik Johnson is either waiving or getting bought out.

I hadn't heard anything on waiving or a buy out so I tried to go with the best possible protection list.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I thought about whether or not they'd do that. If Duchene is there, I think Seattle takes him, they need centres and some offense.

I hadn't heard anything on waiving or a buy out so I tried to go with the best possible protection list.
The Mafia is more loquacious than the Avalanche front office, but it became even more obvious that there was an agreement when the Avalanche traded for Toews and the cap will be tight net year (barring EJ to LTIR) so steering Seattle towards a $3M contract by protecting Jost and Nichuskin.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Duchene's contract is a negative value right now given his play over the last two seasons. He has another 5 seasons at a 8M cap hit.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The Mafia is more loquacious than the Avalanche front office, but it became even more obvious that there was an agreement when the Avalanche traded for Toews and the cap will be tight net year (barring EJ to LTIR) so steering Seattle towards a $3M contract by protecting Jost and Nichuskin.

It's entirely possible :)

Duchene's contract is a negative value right now given his play over the last two seasons. He has another 5 seasons at a 8M cap hit.

And yet I wonder if CBJ or MTL could have an interest via Seattle for him. If Kunin is protected and Duchene is there, he still provides some offense, you need to score a bit to keep fans in the seats.

Reactions: andys
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad