Fugu's ATD Picks & Posts (tinyzombies style)

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
maddux_plaque.png

"At times, Greg Maddux’s mastery of the strike zone truly seemed effortless.
Fastball down-and-away – on the black – for strike one. Fastball in on the hands for strike two. Change-up away for strike three.
Pitch after pitch, strike after strike for the average-looking right-hander who elevated “control” to a new definition in the 1990s.
Now, the winningest pitcher of his generation is heading to Cooperstown.
Gregory Alan Maddux was born April 14, 1966 in San Angelo, Texas. He spent some of his childhood in Madrid, Spain – following his father on his Air Force assignment – before graduating from high school in Las Vegas. Maddux’s father, Dave, taught Greg and his older brother Mike the fundamentals of the game – and Mike was drafted by the Phillies in the second round of the 1982 MLB Draft.
Two years later, Greg – who had not yet reached his full size of 6-foot, 170 pounds – was taken in the second round by the Cubs.
After winning a combined 27 minor league games during the 1985-86 seasons while demonstrating a pitching intelligence beyond his years, Maddux struggled as a 21-year-old in 1987 with the Cubs – going 6-14 with a 5.61 earned-run average. It would be more almost two decades later before Maddux posted another losing record." Greg Maddux

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I sent my list to Dr Pepper. Please pm both of us until Tuesday. He's OTC until 9:15 PM and then we are on an 8 hour clock for the rest of the draft. If a guy's clock expires, pick.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
2B Joe Morgan. Nice picks Fenway, they were 1st and 3rd on my post-Morgan list.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad