Fugu's 10th Baseball ATD (Comments Only) Thread

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Go ahead and count me in for the hockey ATD. I'm not very well versed in hockey history, but I'll give it a go.
It won't be that bad. Bobby Orr retired before this. Although I'm older and a Hockey ATD vet, I just wanna have fun and fellowship and make a fun team. I'm considering doing the same thing in next year's Baseball ATD.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The nice thing about only 9 teams in this exercise is that the picks come around a whole lot quicker. Very cool.

The downside will come when time to vote. All these teams will be SUPER TEAMS, to the nth degree. Much more than the all star teams of 15-18 teams ATD's. The difference between teams is gonna be paper thin.

Reactions: Wrigley and Voight

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
824610a1_davis.jpg

Position: Leftfielder
Bats: Right • Throws: Right

We need to have one undrafted that we can mention for lame jokes such as "Babe Ruth is good, but he's no Charley Jones". I select Charley Jones.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Bonds, Clemens, and Schilling are tracking under 75% according to @NotMrTibbs.

Only Mo, Doc and my favorite undrafted look to be on pace for the Hall with around 43% of the ballots revealed.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The nice thing about only 9 teams in this exercise is that the picks come around a whole lot quicker. Very cool. The downside will come when time to vote. All these teams will be SUPER TEAMS, to the nth degree. Much more than the all star teams of 15-18 teams ATD's. The difference between teams is gonna be paper thin.
Agreed. I just got 2 x MVP Hall of Famer SS Robin Yount in the 13th round and I have 13 HoFers!?! The talent level is crazy.

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Agreed. I just got 2 x MVP Hall of Famer SS Robin Yount in the 13th round and I have 13 HoFers!?! The talent level is crazy. Winger has been pmed.
Yeah, I was just thinking of my lineup and most likely, a guy with a OPS+ of 141 will be batting 8th for me.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I wish there was a Canuck in the HHoF. ;)

Right now there's only one - Fergie, who I had the good fortune to draft earlier.

As far as possible candidates (outside of Walker), the only ones who come to mind are Votto and Morneau.

Eric Gagne also had a hell of a peak but man was it short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad