Music: Frusciante returns to RHCP

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
As probably the biggest RHCP fan on these boards, this took me by surprise when a friend text'd me this IG.

On one hand I'm excited on the other feel like they could have continued as a five piece with Josh who is a very talented guy. A little bummed and I'd like more to come out about this. Josh just released a solo album two or three weeks ago under the PluralOne name. Almost no press.

I know they've been hanging with John is recent years and the fact that Josh's album got so little press makes me wonder how long this was known for, similar to when Frusciante left the second time in 2009 and Josh was in, but it wasn't announced until Dec. Hopefully Josh was taken care of financially as he was already very in demand before becoming an official RHCP member (Gnarls Barkley, Beck, Warpaint, etc.) so he'll be alright.

Also bummed because they recorded all of these demos with Josh in the last year and change. I hope one day that stuff along with the full album they recorded during the Greatest Hits sessions in 2003 sees the light of day.

They have a few shows booked next spring. Will they work with Danger Mouse again? Do we have to wait until 2021 for a full album?

It's unrealistic to expect another BSSM or even Califonication, but hopefully the new album will continue to focus on instrumentals and Keidis can just stay to the side a little more which he used to but has become extremely hard for him in the last decade+ and let the jamming play out. That's the magic ingredient (no pun intended) that's been missing since they've become a full fledged arena rock superstar band.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
wow

Hope he keeps his head on straight

interesting--not saying there was bad blood there--but the Flee and Tony took some swipes at him after the last time he left and he returned favours

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
this is ******* awesome. never thought he'd come back but here we are

klinghoffer was the perfect replacement for JF but their stuff without him has been meh. wonder if he left on his own terms or if they forced him out

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Klinghoffer was great for them and I’m going to laugh when John leaves again in 3 years

don’t get me wrong I love John and he’s a great guitar player but this looks cheap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad