Front row seats behind the net

BuffsEnough

Oct 17, 2011
Hey all, I managed to score front row seats behind the jets attack net. Literally, they are the seats right behind the net. I figured it was a once in a life time opportunity so why not go for it.

Just wondering if anyone has sat there before? Wondering how the view is, if the net/goalie block your view at all?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey all, I managed to score front row seats behind the jets attack net. Literally, they are the seats right behind the net. I figured it was a once in a life time opportunity so why not go for it.

Just wondering if anyone has sat there before? Wondering how the view is, if the net/goalie block your view at all?

I've sat there for Moose games.

The goalie does obstruct your view.
The far end of play is tough to really appreciate.

But at the end of the day it's a very cool experience. I don't think I'd want season tickets there, but as an experience it's awesome.
I found I has a better idea of what the players see. You'll also get a better idea of how big and physical these guys are. It's bananas.

On thing I'll say is being behind the goalie (granted now I'm thinking about my seasons in row 7 in the lounge so slightly different) you realize how annoying people yelling "shoot" is. You'll be able to see if trees is or isn't a shooting lane. And often when people tell shoot there's just nothing there.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have had those seats before & they are awesome if you are in the Jets attack zone for the 2 periods.

The only drawback is when the action is at the other end of the ice & you can not really see anything.

I however would not want these seats as season tickets.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
That pair of tickets is released for sale on Ticketmaster for pretty much every home game in the days leading up to the game. If you like it, you'll be able to find it again.

As an aside, a pair of tickets directly behind the visitors' bench is usually made available around the same time in section 118. Anyone ever sit in these sits, either at a Jets game or any other NHL arena? How was the view/experience?

bazaaa*

Whew, I thought you were going to say it was empty, so yesterday's game wasn't a sellout.

BuffsEnough

Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. I agree I wouldn't want these seats as a season ticket holder either. But for one game I'm pretty excited!

Exactly how much does the goalie obstruct your view? to the point you watch all of the game on the jumobtron? or...
I imagine it's pretty tough to see when the play is in the other end.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not too bad.
You end up transitioning naturally to and from the jumbotron to the point you don't realize you're doing it. I'd say go in with a positive attitude about it though (which you seem to have), the far end is obstructed that's the reality. Don't get bent outta shape by it. The near end is cool enough to make up for it.

BuffsEnough

Oct 17, 2011
It's not too bad.
You end up transitioning naturally to and from the jumbotron to the point you don't realize you're doing it. I'd say go in with a positive attitude about it though (which you seem to have), the far end is obstructed that's the reality. Don't get bent outta shape by it. The near end is cool enough to make up for it.

thanks bud! appreciate it. not gonna lie, I was kind of nervous when I thought about it after the fact I had bought the tickets. Feel a bit better now! lol

FWIW, I play hockey and wear glasses but I don't wear my glasses while I'm playing. So I'm sure my view of this game, since I'll be wearing them, will be far better then when I sit on the bench at my own games (not that the play is anything alike) lol

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
thanks bud! appreciate it. not gonna lie, I was kind of nervous when I thought about it after the fact I had bought the tickets. Feel a bit better now! lol

FWIW, I play hockey and wear glasses but I don't wear my glasses while I'm playing. So I'm sure my view of this game, since I'll be wearing them, will be far better then when I sit on the bench at my own games (not that the play is anything alike) lol

I won't be far from you, section 117.
I'm hoping we see a lot of action in the first and third period.
Here's hoping you miss a ton of action in the second!

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I've sat in these seats before too if they are the same ones. The ones I've sat in are actually not front row behind the net, but rather second row (unless they have changed). But there is no one directly in front of you because that's the space where the goal judge seat used to be.

They are good seats. As others have noted it's a little tough to see the other end, but you will really enjoy the game and the play when close. Make sure you go early and see the warmup and get a good close view of players. Also love the sound of the smack of the puck as it hits the glass front that close during warmup.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Not sure how the boards are at MTS but when I sat at the glass for last years Jets game in Buffalo I was pleasantly surprised at the nice ledge along the glass to rest my beer. 2 minutes into the game Buff pinches to keep the puck in the zone and gets rubbed into the boards and my beer flew off the ledge into my lap :cry:

As tempting as it might be do not use that ledge :)

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Not sure how the boards are at MTS but when I sat at the glass for last years Jets game in Buffalo I was pleasantly surprised at the nice ledge along the glass to rest my beer. 2 minutes into the game Buff pinches to keep the puck in the zone and gets rubbed into the boards and my beer flew off the ledge into my lap :cry:

As tempting as it might be do not use that ledge :)

Rookie move. I learned not to do that in the Moose days. :) Can't afford to do it now in the big leagues...

BuffsEnough

Oct 17, 2011
Alright, just got back from the game and figured I'd give a review for these seats.

Overall, awesome seats. For one game well worth the money.

-People weren't lying when they said you really get to appreciate players speed and strength. Really puts my own hockey playing skills (or lack thereof...) into perspective...lol. Those guys flew around!

-The goalie DOES indeed block the play which could be irritating, especially when the puck is in the middle of the ice, and furthermore at the other end of the ice. A quick look up at the jumbotron will help you with this.

-Depth perception sucks at this angle. I was constantly looking up at the jumbotron to gauge how far away players were from each other...just the way it is. And I expected that.

-When the puck is shot at the net, especially from the middle, you won't be able to track it. You'll see it at the last second as it either misses or goes in the net. This was especially pronounced in the shootout. All I could watch for was the bulge in the twine. Fortunately I not only got to see all 3 go in right in front of me, but all our s/o goals as well :handclap::yo:

If you can get your hands on these tickets, I highly recommend them. Would I want seasons here? No I don't think I would but for a game or two or three the proximity to the game is UNREAL. Super super worth it!

HockeyAnn

Mar 10, 2012
That pair of tickets is released for sale on Ticketmaster for pretty much every home game in the days leading up to the game. If you like it, you'll be able to find it again.

As an aside, a pair of tickets directly behind the visitors' bench is usually made available around the same time in section 118. Anyone ever sit in these sits, either at a Jets game or any other NHL arena? How was the view/experience?

I managed to score the seats right behind the vistor's bench twice in the first season. Once was against the Avalanche and the other the Blues. The view is slightly obstructed depending where the coach and assistant coaches stand (they have a raised platform behind the bench that they stand on). But it's definitely an experience! You feel like you are part of the game and part of the team. You can hear most of what they are saying and will notice things happening on the ice by the benches that you might not notice otherwise. Also to consider, you'll likely end up on TV. Middle of the game and all of a sudden my phone was going nuts from people texting me saying they saw me on TV!

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I managed to score the seats right behind the vistor's bench twice in the first season. Once was against the Avalanche and the other the Blues. The view is slightly obstructed depending where the coach and assistant coaches stand (they have a raised platform behind the bench that they stand on). But it's definitely an experience! You feel like you are part of the game and part of the team. You can hear most of what they are saying and will notice things happening on the ice by the benches that you might not notice otherwise. Also to consider, you'll likely end up on TV. Middle of the game and all of a sudden my phone was going nuts from people texting me saying they saw me on TV!

Thanks! I'd like to try out those seats if I ever see them pop up again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad