From the players drafted in 2011 how many will play in 2011-2012 NHL Season?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Couturier has nothing left to prove in junior and plays an exceptional two-way game which has drawn comparisons to Eric and Jordan Staal. He's ready to step in as a team's 3rd line center.

Landeskog and Larsson are looking like they are ready to step into the NHL but I'd put them back in their respective leagues for one more year. Rundblad and I believe Erixon is also leaving Skelleftea, giving Larsson a much bigger role on the squad. Give him PP time and his offensive game could grow leaps and bounds. Landeskog is ready for the NHL but NHL powerforwards like Richards, Morrow, Perry, Ryan etc... all spent a couple more years playing for their junior teams and it worked wonders developing their offensive games.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I see Landeskog and SC as the two locks to play in the NHL full time next year.

Larsson would be too, but he seems content to stay in Sweden for one more year.

RNH I'm 50-50 on. I know he has the skill and ability to do it and avoid the physical punishment, but I'm not sure his team (likely Edm) would be willing to risk it for no apparent reason.

Huberdeau is a darkhorse that could likely fill a roll on a teams 2nd line next year.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Does anyone know if Dougie Hamilton could make it? Haven't seen him play but his stats/size indicate he might be able to make the jump.

member 96824

Does anyone know if Dougie Hamilton could make it? Haven't seen him play but his stats/size indicate he might be able to make the jump.

While the size is there, Dougie still has alot of refining to do. He's got the skills, but needs to learn how to use them. He could even be a 2 year project before he's up.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Landeskog will definitely be playing for one of Edmonton, Colorado or Florida...one of those three teams will draft him. Couturier will probably make it as well, as could Larsson, Mark Schiefele and possibly Sven Bartschi. I also think if Seguin struggled at times like he did it would probably be best for RNH to stay in junior one more season.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Landeskog will definitely be playing for one of Edmonton, Colorado or Florida...one of those three teams will draft him. Couturier will probably make it as well, as could Larsson, Mark Schiefele and possibly Sven Bartschi. I also think if Seguin struggled at times like he did it would probably be best for RNH to stay in junior one more season.

Can promise you it won't be Edmonton.

Head scout projects him as a second/third liner. Don't even think he's got him in the top-5, if you go by his projections.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Adam Larsson will for sure play in the NHL next year, and depending who drafts him dosent matter because he will most likely be drafted by Colorado or New Jersey, I think the Devils drafting him makes alot more sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad