Prospect Info: From our minor players who stays and who goes?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Not sure where to put this so if mods want it somewhere else feel free to move it

Players on expiring contracts

Fayne, Mark D 3.65 UFA
Ellis, Nick G .925 RFA bounced between AHL and ECHL age 24
Russell, Patrick FW RFA AHL 24pts in 57 games--Second full year in north america--From Denmark 26
Brossoit, Laurent G RFA-- I think most of us agree it is time for him to move on
Platzer, Kyle FW RFA --Split time between ECHL and AHL 10 in 35 in the AHL and 22pts in 20 Games in the ECHL
Ferlin, Brian FW UFA--One of Chia pets guys from the Bruin--injured most of the last three years only 32 games played in the last 3 years age 25
LaLeggia, Joey FW/D UFA 36pts in 27 games in AHL--he is one of those guys who always seemed on the verge of making the oilers
Betker, Ben D RFA--he is LHD who has 3pts in 34 games age 23
Simpson, Dillon D --UFA for me it is make or break for him 25 years old 17pts in 56 games
Lowe, Keegan D UFA 13pts in 46 AHL games Still not sure why he was given a 2 way contract
Christoffer, Braden LW RFA age 23 14pts in 52 games AHL 83pms--my guess someone does something stupid he gets the tap to go over the bench
Downing, Grayson FWS UFA age 25 23pts in 48 games

for those who do not recall there is a 50 contract limit

We have 3 guys already signed for next year Safin, Ostap, Maksimov, Kirill and Larkin, Colin --I believe only Kirill can be on the slide rule as Ostap will be 20 and can play in the nhl.

For me--I can not see one guy who I would offer a two way contract to. Joey Laggs is interesting but there is nothing special to me that keeps him --Ty Batts has jumped him

so of the AHL/ECHL players--who do you think the oilers should consider keeping

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Fayne, Mark D UFA - Goodbye Fayne hello cap space

Ellis, Nick G .925 RFA - resign two way

Russell, Patrick FW RFA - resign two way

Brossoit, Laurent G RFA - move on

Platzer, Kyle FW RFA - move on

Ferlin, Brian FW UFA - move on

LaLeggia, Joey FW/D UFA - resign league min pay two way

Betker, Ben D RFA - move on

Simpson, Dillon D - resign league min two way

Lowe, Keegan D UFA - move on.

Christoffer, Braden LW RFA - move on

Downing, Grayson FWS UFA - resign a minor league deal

Also I think we will sign D Vincent Desharnais and C Cooper Marody on two way deals once the Frozen Four is done

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I had forgotten that Fayne is coming off the books next year. That lessens the sting of our cap situation a little bit.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Fayne, Mark D UFA - Goodbye Fayne hello cap space

Ellis, Nick G .925 RFA - resign two way

Russell, Patrick FW RFA - resign two way

Brossoit, Laurent G RFA - move on

Platzer, Kyle FW RFA - move on

Ferlin, Brian FW UFA - move on

LaLeggia, Joey FW/D UFA - resign league min pay two way

Betker, Ben D RFA - move on

Simpson, Dillon D - resign league min two way

Lowe, Keegan D UFA - move on.

Christoffer, Braden LW RFA - move on

Downing, Grayson FWS UFA - resign a minor league deal

Also I think we will sign D Vincent Desharnais and C Cooper Marody
on two way deals once the Frozen Four is done

and that is why I mentioned the 50 contract thing--we have a few prospects graduating from both JR and Uni ranks and we have to make a decision on them

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Too bad it didnt work out for Platzer at the pro level
I'm disappointed in how he turned out, I don't make many dark horse picks to make it to the NHL, but he is one I singled out and he fell well short, just never seemed to progress much from junior. I'm still proud of myself for singling out Davidson and Khaira as my prior 2 darkhorse picks to make the NHL, but I wanted to be 3 for 3.

Reactions: Aerrol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
and that is why I mentioned the 50 contract thing--we have a few prospects graduating from both JR and Uni ranks and we have to make a decision on them

With who I said were moving out and anticipating signing I think we should have room under 50. That said if we moved on from everyone other than LaLeggia it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Also Grayson D would not count against the 50 as he would be in an AHL deal.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Fayne, Mark D UFA - Gone, probably out of the league as well

Ellis, Nick G .925 RFA - Qualified

Russell, Patrick FW RFA - Gone

Brossoit, Laurent G RFA - Gone and off to Europe

Platzer, Kyle FW RFA - Gone

Ferlin, Brian FW UFA - Gone

LaLeggia, Joey FW/D UFA - Watch him sign with Chicago

Betker, Ben D RFA - Gone

Simpson, Dillon D - Qualified

Lowe, Keegan D UFA - Gone, might have actually played some games here if he had a different last name

Christoffer, Braden LW RFA - Gone

Downing, Grayson FWS UFA - Gone

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Here's a rough look at the Condors roster for next year based on who's signed already:

Forwards(8): Kailer Yamamoto, Tyler Benson, Cameron Hebig, Joseph Gambardella, Mitch Callahan, Brad Malone, Colin Larkin, Josh Currie(AHL Deal)
Defense(6): Ethan Bear, Eric Gryba, Ryan Mantha, William Lagesson, Caleb Jones, Ryan Stanton
Goaltenders(2): Shane Starett, Dylan Wells

There's also the potential for the signings of college forwards Tyler Vesel and Cooper Marody, along with defenseman Vincent Desharnais. So there's already not many roster spots available. From your list I'd guess they'll keep Patrick Russell, Joey Laleggia, Dillon Simpson and one of the goalies. Russell made a big impression on the coaching staff in training camp, sticking around much longer than anyone expected. His stats aren't amazing but he plays a hard two way game and skates well, he could be a late bloomer and eventually be a cheap home grown bottom 6 player in the mold of a Matt Hendricks. Laleggia and Simpson would be able to ease the load on the younger players on the roster as they take over a bigger role. Simpson could probably go either way just with having Stanton and Gryba already on the roster, but I'd still keep him around.

The goaltending will be interesting for sure. I'd imagine they're looking at one of Brossoit/Ellis with Starett in Bakersfield and Wells being the #1 guy in Wichita. I'd probably lean more to Brossoit as he's shown he can be an elite AHL goalie who would be able to cover for the mistakes that will likely be coming with such a young team. It'll be interesting to see if they maintain Ellis' rights as well and potentially look at loaning him out to a different AHL squad, he's still a guy who could have an NHL future but it's hard to see where he'd fit into the Oilers system.

TheGhost

Jun 11, 2015
Salmon Arm, BC
could be wrong but I think Yamamoto is one more year in JR before he can play in the AHL

not sure if it is August 31st or September 30th for the cut off

He is AHL eligible for next season. He would be allowed to play an overage year in the WHL, but there really isn't any point to that.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Not sure where to put this so if mods want it somewhere else feel free to move it

Simpson, Dillon D --UFA for me it is make or break for him 25 years old 17pts in 56 games
Lowe, Keegan D UFA 13pts in 46 AHL games Still not sure why he was given a 2 way contract
Christoffer, Braden LW RFA age 23 14pts in 52 games AHL 83pms--my guess someone does something stupid he gets the tap to go over the bench
Downing, Grayson FWS UFA age 25 23pts in 48 games

for those who do not recall there is a 50 contract limit

We have 3 guys already signed for next year Safin, Ostap, Maksimov, Kirill and Larkin, Colin --I believe only Kirill can be on the slide rule as Ostap will be 20 and can play in the nhl.

For me--I can not see one guy who I would offer a two way contract to. Joey Laggs is interesting but there is nothing special to me that keeps him --Ty Batts has jumped him

so of the AHL/ECHL players--who do you think the oilers should consider keeping
lolololowe.jpg

Reactions: TheGhost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad