Frolov Vs Spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

Spezza by quite a bit. He appears to be far more physically talented.

Spezza

Dec 13, 2002
Ottawa <-> Scotland
DieHard said:
I'll give this 2 hours max before the usual Sens homers highjack this thread.

Frolov has no obvious weaknesses while Spezza still has problems with his skating (which has improved, from below average to average).

It's quite even.
What is that meant to mean?

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired with all the lovely stereotyping thats going on recently.

Leetchie

Mar 3, 2002
Hillsborough, NJ
Visit site
Spezza has future superstar written all over him. Frolov looks like he'll be an All-Star goal-scorer type, but Spezza looks like he'll be one of the league's top offensive players -- I mean top 5 -- in the league.

Something about his demeanor oozes "superstar".

Talent-wise, I think Frolov will be a better goal scorer and perhaps better all around, but Spezza is going to be the dynamic offensive package, one of the league's top playmakers. He's improved his skating to above-average to me, just not spectacular.

LuckyLUC20

Aug 16, 2003
Somewhere in So-Cal
www.facebook.com
Frolov is developing into a very solid 2-way forward. He's responsible on both ends of the ice and has started using his size and reach. He can dominate on any given night... the guy is 21 years old and always has a smile on his face.

I haven't seen too much of Spezza, so in the true spirit of homer-ism, I go with Frolov!! :joker:

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
I'll take Spezza. But Frolov will be the better all around player. (as in considerably better defensively)

LA Kings Rule

Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
willie said:
I'll take Spezza. But Frolov will be the better all around player. (as in considerably better defensively)

Totally agree that Speeza might end up being the better scorer, Frolov will end up being the better two way player.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Based on their performances so far this season: Frolov.

Based on what I think Spezza is capable of: Tie.

I feel like this question is like, hey, would you rather have Mike Modano or Joe Sakic? Can't go wrong with either.

south-sentral

Aug 17, 2003
Dirtyy South
Spezza would be the better offensive package( had 10 points less in 46 games less than Frolov. Frolov is more seasoned in the defensive game but Spezza would eventually learn the odds and ends in his own zone.

You can't go wrong with either two but if you are starting a team from the ground up, it'll be wise to go with Jason.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
south-sentral said:
You can't go wrong with either two but if you are starting a team from the ground up, it'll be wise to go with Jason.
Why? From what I've seen of Spezza & Frolov, A-Fro is more physical, more defensively responsible, and works harder. They are both good shooters. Spezza is a better set-up man. Frolov is a better skater. Frolov has always exhibited a great attitude. Spezza has something to prove in this area.

I don't have any doubt that Spezza is more gifted. In juniors he looked like a wizard. But that doesn't mean anything. Daige was the most naturally gifted player of his draft. Talent alone doesn't get you far in the NHL. Lets see what Jason Spezza does with his.

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
i may be bias here...but if frolov was on the sens and spezza was on the kings...frolov would have won the calder and he would be scoring a lot more...last year with the kings, frolov was playing with minor leaguers...this year, same situation but he's probably the best player on the ice most games (other than the games ziggy played in)...but i can imagine spezza on the kings being pretty invisible rite about now

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I've seen every Kings game this year and all but three Sens games, and I have yet to see Spezza take over a game the way Frolov has done on a couple of occasions. This could be due to the fact that the Sens are a much more talented team, but none the less, it is something that Spezza has not done yet.

They are both great offensively with the "future" nod going to Spezza. However when it comes to defense it's not even close. Frolov will win that hands down.

The thing that has struck me the most about Frolov's game this year, is his defensive game. He anticipates plays defensively the way a great scorer does in the offensive zone. He just knows where to be before the puck gets there. It's almost scary sometimes. He will move into a position and I will say to myself "What are you doing? Cover that guy" But before I know it Frolov has the puck on his stick, and is clearing it out of the zone.

Now, I'm not trying to say that Frolov doesn't make mistakes. He does. But the fact that his is only 21 and has this kind of defensive awareness, I think it will make him the better of the two players in the future.

RonSwanson*

Is Spezza on the #1 penalty kill unit? Just checking, because Frolov is. His defense has improved so much that Murray depends on him on the top PK.

Frolov is better.

ragbone

I can't speak to Spezza because I have seen almost nothing of him.

I can speak to Frolov, however, and it echos much of what has been said of him, here...

He is VERY mature defensively with great instincts. He has a wicked shot that he is beginning to gain the confidence to use. He holds the puck very well and knows how to use his big body to shield it from the defender. He has great vision and is an excellent playmaker (Sunday against Dallas he held up and circled on the low half boards, and made a beautiful cross ice pass to Cammalleri for a one-timer that beat the goalie. A truely spectacular goal.)

I, for one, would take Frolov, but I am, like other King Fans in this thread, a bit biased, and my perspective is skewed by having seen so much more of Frolov.

south-sentral

Aug 17, 2003
Dirtyy South
Bobby Orr's Knees said:
Why? From what I've seen of Spezza & Frolov, A-Fro is more physical, more defensively responsible, and works harder. They are both good shooters. Spezza is a better set-up man. Frolov is a better skater. Frolov has always exhibited a great attitude. Spezza has something to prove in this area.

I don't have any doubt that Spezza is more gifted. In juniors he looked like a wizard. But that doesn't mean anything. Daige was the most naturally gifted player of his draft. Talent alone doesn't get you far in the NHL. Lets see what Jason Spezza does with his.

What makes you think that Spezza has a bad attitude?? Sure he sulked a little when he was demoted to the AHL, but so would any other normal 19 year old itching to play in the NHL. Spezza did not complain at all when he was sat during most of the playofs, he finally gets his chance and BAM his energy turns the whole series around.

And it's stupid to compare Spezza to Daigle, Spezza has one thing that Daigle is serverly lacking....HEART!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
south-sentral said:
What makes you think that Spezza has a bad attitude?? Sure he sulked a little when he was demoted to the AHL, but so would any other normal 19 year old itching to play in the NHL. Spezza did not complain at all when he was sat during most of the playofs, he finally gets his chance and BAM his energy turns the whole series around.

And it's stupid to compare Spezza to Daigle, Spezza has one thing that Daigle is serverly lacking....HEART!

I'm sure he was also a little dissapointed to lose out on a chance to win the Calder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->