Helene St. James Frk Re-Signed

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Interesting. His Qualifying offer would have been 704k.

He wasn't qualified?

He was qualified :

Here too : LINK

I thought his salary was supposed to be 105% of his qualifying offer? Weird. I guess he wanted to stay with the organisation.

Last edited:

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
What would his AHL salary have been with the qualifying offer? Maybe he took less on the NHL side in order to get more in the AHL?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What would his AHL salary have been with the qualifying offer? Maybe he took less on the NHL side in order to get more in the AHL?

Could be... something like that.

On many cases players are qualified to keep their rights, but they will settle on a contract with different details.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

Or taking less NHL money to be more attractive for callups since everyone knows how cap ****ed the wings are. ;)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
And he'll be back on waivers come late September early October, He has zero chance in making the team once AA and Tatar are resigned. Either Vanek comes back for a year or one of Svechnikov or Bertuzzi make the squad Frk at best would be our #13 or #14 forward.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
And he'll be back on waivers come late September early October, He has zero chance in making the team once AA and Tatar are resigned. Either Vanek comes back for a year or one of Svechnikov or Bertuzzi make the squad Frk at best would be our #13 or #14 forward.

I'm not following you. A roster traditionally has 14 forwards.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm not following you. A roster traditionally has 14 forwards.

With the resigning of AA and Tatar Detroit will have 11 forwards under contract not including Franzen on LTIR. I assume from what Holland and Blashill said that Luke Witkowski will take one of the forward spots so that still leaves us with 2 open spots. I guess i was assuming that if we signed Vanek again that would leave one open spot for either Svechnikov or Bertuzzi. But if we don't sign Vanek i guess the spots would be open to Lil Bert and Frk.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Fantastic news for Frk It. Still getting big mileage out of that user name after the waiver scare.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
With the resigning of AA and Tatar Detroit will have 11 forwards under contract not including Franzen on LTIR. I assume from what Holland and Blashill said that Luke Witkowski will take one of the forward spots so that still leaves us with 2 open spots. I guess i was assuming that if we signed Vanek again that would leave one open spot for either Svechnikov or Bertuzzi. But if we don't sign Vanek i guess the spots would be open to Lil Bert and Frk.

Right... 11 forwards locked in after AA and Tatar. So 3 spots for Witkowski, Bertuzzi, Frk and Svechnikov to compete for.

I agree on Witkowski taking one of the 3 spots. They've talked about having Bert make the team, but he won't be a press box guy. Frk could land either up or down. Better for the 13/14 spot than Bert. I'm guessing Svech is in the first call up position. It would take some LTIR or a trade to get Vanek to fit in the cap.

My guess is
12. Bertuzzi
13. Witkowski
14. Frk
GR Svech

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
Carolina tried Frk at the NHL level. Frk probably knows the speed of the NHL is too fast and he's a good AHL sniper, like's the Griffins/Wings organization and wanted to stay.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Right... 11 forwards locked in after AA and Tatar. So 3 spots for Witkowski, Bertuzzi, Frk and Svechnikov to compete for.

I agree on Witkowski taking one of the 3 spots. They've talked about having Bert make the team, but he won't be a press box guy. Frk could land either up or down. Better for the 13/14 spot than Bert. I'm guessing Svech is in the first call up position. It would take some LTIR or a trade to get Vanek to fit in the cap.

My guess is
12. Bertuzzi
13. Witkowski
14. Frk
GR Svech

This is totally my feeling as well at how it will go, 12 Bertuzzi 13 Witkowski 14 Frk and GR Svech who get first call up. Pretty sure that Holland has said that Bertuzzi is going to make the squad this year he definitely deserves the shot here.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Bertuzzi can play on any line. He is a guy though that I think has a really rough first NHL year. Let's say 65GP 4G 5A for example and being pushed around. I actually think that's fine for his development. Get that experience. Get better.

Svech when up, I only want him in the top nine though I could see his grit working at times o the fourth. For cracking the team, I think you guys are underestimating Matt Lorito in camp.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fantastic news for Frk It. Still getting big mileage out of that user name after the waiver scare.

The relevancy of the username was dangling by a thread, good looks Kenny. We need to step it up and draft some guys with better pun potential for my succession plan.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Bertuzzi can play on any line. He is a guy though that I think has a really rough first NHL year. Let's say 65GP 4G 5A for example and being pushed around. I actually think that's fine for his development. Get that experience. Get better.

Svech when up, I only want him in the top nine though I could see his grit working at times o the fourth. For cracking the team, I think you guys are underestimating Matt Lorito in camp.

Yeah, you may be right. Wasn't thinking of him. He may very well might be in the mix.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quite funny that he is the only right-handed FORWARD shot we should use on the power-play.

One-trick-pony, yeah, but on shooting the puck, better than anybody on this team. Maybe Mantha is better, but that's it.

Jeff Blashill: Martin Frk has to be great power-play guy to make NHL

Put him on the 4th line, play with minimum 5min ES and maximum 3-5 minutes on PP.

----------- Abdelkader (net-front)

FRK ------------ Mantha ------------ Zetterberg

--------------- Green

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, you may be right. Wasn't thinking of him. He may very well might be in the mix.

Sorry but,

Lorito is crap.

He wasn't anyhow meaningless at Griffins playoff run.

He had also worst possible NHL stats on last season on high-danger scorin chances.

Tangradi-Street-Callahan was the top line with hardest matchups.

And if you don't make any significant impact behind those guys, youre just average AHLr.

Bertuzzi and Svechnikov did some great things compared to their age and that's the address to expect something in the future.

Last edited:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Sorry but,

Lorito is crap.

He wasn't anyhow meaningless at Griffins playoff run.

He had also worst possible NHL stats on last season on high-danger scorin chances.

Tangradi-Street-Callahan was the top line with hardest matchups.

And if you don't make any significant impact behind those guys, youre just average AHLr.

Bertuzzi and Svechnikov did some great things compared to their age and that's the address to expect something in the future.

He played two games LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->