Confirmed with Link: Frk re-claimed by the Wings

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Why would Ilitch let the guy he might hate most in the league in Karmanos get that shot when he can do the same thing here?

Now I think they were doing Pulkkinen a solid by not bringing him back, but I was even surprised a little by that.

I like this move a lot, it is good for the organization. We gain nothing by not taking the option and letting him go to Charlotte. While it is similar to letting Pulkkinen go to Iowa, I think Frk likely will come back for another camp, I expect Teemu to play for Jokerit in the KHL next year.

I mean there's no downside to it and at the very least he'll help out Grand Rapids a bit

it's just that there's pretty much zero chance of him making the team next year even if he does well,at this point it would take a truly incredible and unrealistic performance both in the AHL and camp for the Wings to go with him over vets and other prospects

i'm actually expecting him to do pretty well and wouldn't be surprised at all if he became a middle six guy in the NHL someday but I would be absolutely shocked if it was here

kind of a shame,I was a huge fan of his at one point and was expecting him to have an impressively quick transition to the AHL before that year he showed up to camp out of shape

anyways though like I said i'm not against the move or anything since there's no downside and at worst he'll still give the Griffins a bit of help

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Can't forget pre-season and Frk's effect in the games. Of all these waived prospects, Backman, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, etc. I somehow am interested more in good ol' Martin. He reminds me of Tatar (for good and bad lol). He could be only a Miele for the Griffins but at 1/2 mil a year he won't be too sad. :) Hope he stays in the organization or keeps playing hockey. There are stories (like Tim Thomas) of players showing up later than usual and leaving their mark. Until they bust or are a proven a failure to the NHL I'm all about it. Good decision to keep Frk he is healthy and still developing.

Jarnkrok wasn't waived.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Nelson said the organization had been monitoring Frk in Carolina and well as that of another former player with a big shot in Teemu Pulkkinen
with Minnesota.

"He (Frk) wasn't playing a lot and we were just wondering when he was going to get sent back as well as Pulky," Nelson said, noting the deciding factor was Frk's more flexible two-way contract.

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index...k_happy_to_get_second.html#incart_river_index

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
I think Holland saw this as a chance to frk with Carolina, liked they tried to frk us with the Fedorov deal and how they took Nestrasil last year

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I love it. They waive him and it's like WTF Holland, wasting assets. Now he gets him back for free and it's like why, we don't need him.

Oct 18, 2006
I love it. They waive him and it's like WTF Holland, wasting assets. Now he gets him back for free and it's like why, we don't need him.
Agreed, quite puzzling really. Count me in the stoked to have him back camp. As hockeyisforeveryone said, while it was only PS, he did show a lot. I've still got faith he could make a useful NHL forward, the events of the past month haven't changed this.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Don't mind him being back at all. As it's been mentioned already, good fit for the Griffins. We've got nothing to lose to put him there again for the moment.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
And Pulkkinen cleared waivers for Minnesota, lol. So did we lose anybody great there? Even they think his skating sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad