Confirmed with Link: Frk re-claimed by the Wings

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
A 2nd in that draft could have gotten us Rasmus Andersson or Oliver Kylington. I'd rather have the 2nd.

In a world where the value of a pick is the best player it was possible to select with it, obviously. In that case every single pick in a draft is one that can net a pretty decent NHLer, so no picks of any kind should ever be traded and any pick which ends up with a lesser player than what could have been chosen is a wasted one.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
You are correct to the extent that trimming the fat, in and of itself, isn't a problem.

But when all you do is trim, while the overall talent level of the roster continues to decline, there's your issue.

But you are implying there there is no one young on the roster.
How quickly we "forget" all the prospects that are on the team?

Larkin
Athanasiou
Ouellet
Sproul
Marchenko
Sheahan
Tatar
Dekeyser
Nyquist
Glendenning
Smith

These guys are all 27 or under.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
In a world where the value of a pick is the best player it was possible to select with it, obviously. In that case every single pick in a draft is one that can net a pretty decent NHLer, so no picks of any kind should ever be traded and any pick which ends up with a lesser player than what could have been chosen is a wasted one.

What's your point? Would you disagree that a second round pick is more valuable than a third round pick? Yes or no.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I thought you have to put a guy on the NHL team for 30 days or something after claiming him from waivers?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I thought you have to put a guy on the NHL team for 30 days or something after claiming him from waivers?

13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

All that matters is that your username is relevant again.

giphy.gif

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
cool

probably no room for him next year almost no matter what he does in the AHL and camp though,would pretty much need to become a superstar overnight to avoid getting waived again next year

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
What's your point?

That valuing a pick based on who it could be used on rather than what it generally results in overvalues picks.

Would you disagree that a second round pick is more valuable than a third round pick? Yes or no.

A generic second round pick is more valuable than a generic third round pick. A second round pick may or may not be more valuable than Saarijarvi.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
cool

probably no room for him next year almost no matter what he does in the AHL and camp though,would pretty much need to become a superstar overnight to avoid getting waived again next year

Why would Ilitch let the guy he might hate most in the league in Karmanos get that shot when he can do the same thing here?

Now I think they were doing Pulkkinen a solid by not bringing him back, but I was even surprised a little by that.

I like this move a lot, it is good for the organization. We gain nothing by not taking the option and letting him go to Charlotte. While it is similar to letting Pulkkinen go to Iowa, I think Frk likely will come back for another camp, I expect Teemu to play for Jokerit in the KHL next year.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
But you are implying there there is no one young on the roster.
How quickly we "forget" all the prospects that are on the team?

*-Lists

These guys are all 27 or under.

I love how being 27 or under makes you a prospect in the Detroit Red Wings System. If you go by waiver-eligible, we have 2 on the roster. We have one of the oldest lists in the league.

taylorjonl

Jul 3, 2015
Sandy, Utah
I guess Ken Holland should have just picked up Pulkennen off waivers then, he'd probably score 40 in the AHL.

I don't think they claimed Pulks because they wanted him to get a chance in another org, the fact they claimed Frk to me means they see he may have a future here.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
This might sound weird, but maybe the Wings were more confident no one else would put a claim in on Frk?

Would be an unhappy situation if they got Pulk back but couldn't send him to the AHL because another team submitted a claim and the Wings had to keep Pulk on the NHL roster or waive him again immediately after claiming him.

Oct 18, 2006
This news actually made me real happy. I like Frk. Guy has worked real hard to improve his skating and conditioning. I hope he tears it up in the AHL. At least now he knows what the NHL is like, the speed of it, and he can try to work further on his weaknesses. We obviously like him, and consider him a chance to be an NHL regular for us.

So in theory, we could keep him in the AHL for the remainder of the season, right?

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
This news actually made me real happy. I like Frk. Guy has worked real hard to improve his skating and conditioning. I hope he tears it up in the AHL. At least now he knows what the NHL is like, the speed of it, and he can try to work further on his weaknesses. We obviously like him, and consider him a chance to be an NHL regular for us.

So in theory, we could keep him in the AHL for the remainder of the season, right?

Can't forget pre-season and Frk's effect in the games. Of all these waived prospects, Backman, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, etc. I somehow am interested more in good ol' Martin. He reminds me of Tatar (for good and bad lol). He could be only a Miele for the Griffins but at 1/2 mil a year he won't be too sad. :) Hope he stays in the organization or keeps playing hockey. There are stories (like Tim Thomas) of players showing up later than usual and leaving their mark. Until they bust or are a proven a failure to the NHL I'm all about it. Good decision to keep Frk he is healthy and still developing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->