Confirmed with Link: Frk re-claimed by the Wings

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Guy had a great year last year and a good pre-season. Even though this is the time of year to try to get guys through waivers, a lot of us were concerned.

Pretty crummy we have developed two of Carolina's top 9 for free.

Really mad that Pulkkinen was not waived. I think he might have been claimed also, but Frk can at least play in a depth role.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'm not one of those "omg holland u r the suck!!!!!!" posters -- but at what point do we stop bleeding 2nd rounders we've developed for years and get something, anything back for them?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
So i take it that Frk was the only one to get claimed from Detroit, I take it the rest must've cleared. Holland should've waived Pulkkinen not Frk. Pulkkinen wont make the team any ways. I could possibly see Pulkkinen going on waivers once Jurco returns.

Aug 6, 2012
Lol KH you're asset management is an absolute joke. A 2nd rounder with promise gone with zero NHL games played. It's not the end of the world but this dude is lost.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Haha Canes again..Add Frk to the list of ex-Wings prospects that were never given a fair shot at making the Wings...
-Janmark, Nestrasil, Jarnkrok, Frk, Ferraro (he just got cut), Quine

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Frk will be a better NHL player than Pulkkinen

Completely agree with this statement. I hope Nestrasil and Frk dominate us when we play them. Who's next? Sproul? Ouellet? Who knows, at this rate we're prolly gonna be giving up on AA soon. Why have AA on the roster when you can have Steve Ott.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Holland is an absolute idiot.

Does he feel bad for Pulk? That is literally the only reason I can think of why Pulk is here and Frk isn't. He doesn't even get a draft pick back from him.

I'm mad about losing Frk, but a lot more mad at the principle behind it. What a turd.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I haven't followed Frk too much since his Halifax days, but his skating has always been his biggest barrier to the NHL. Has he improved that to where he could be a regular NHL player?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Not mad Frk didn't make the team, but it's disappointing how bad Holland is at maximizing his assets. I really feel like he could been part of a trade to get something of value back.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Well, someone is due for a new user name. On the other hand, Frk it, just keep the name.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Well, I'm sure glad we hung onto Pulk. Whether Frk is a Ferraro or a Nestrasil, he played better in the preseason than Pulk, and he was a better player than Pulk. Shameful how Holland lies about earning spots with the team.

Good luck to Frk, I hope he has a great career.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Not sure why people are all making this about Pulkkinen vs. Frk. Pulkkinen would have likely been claimed too. There's little reason for a team like Carolina or the Devils or any other team that can give a guy like that 12 minutes a night for half a season not to see if they can make an asset out of him.

The problem here is that the Wings are perpetually signing Modanos, Clearys, Richards, Weisses, Otts, and Vaneks year after year when those offensive, 3rd line, not-expected-to-be-a-defensive-stalwart minutes should be going to the Pulkkinens, Frks, and Jurcos. You don't find out what you have in an offensive, incomplete-as-of-yet youngster by yanking them in and out of the lineup, giving them 7 minutes a night.

If you spend so much time developing these players, then you should give them a fair shake. Its ridiculous to tolerate subpar play from guys like Richards, Cleary, and Modano just because they were once good NHLers and turn around and not tolerate subpar play from youngsters just because they aren't good players yet. There could be a pay off for tolerating the latter group, there is none coming from the former.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Hold on, I think I've found a video clip of Ron Francis:

price-is-right-air-guitar-o.gif

You'll notice that the price, as indicated in the background, was 0.00. The price was most definitely right!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->