Fritsche is off to London! (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Actually it was a 2nd ('07), 3rd ('06) and 5th ('05) round draft picks, plus I'm pretty sure it also involved the Versteeg-Lytwyn and Girardi deals. (not positive though)

London' projected lineup:

LW - C - RW
Dylan Hunter - Fritsche - C.Perry
Prust - Schremp - Bolland
Drummond - Larman - Kell
Thomson/AJ Perry - Foreman - Bealieu

Syvret - Methot
Rodney - Girardi
Whitfield - Rediker(injured)/Ferry/Martinelli/McCready

Goal: Dennis - Coleman

Last edited:

Reilly311

Who was London's first line center before?

edit: Schremp I assume?

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Dan Galvin said:
I'm a Fritsche fan, but do you really think he deserves to be on the top line rather than Schremp? :dunno:

Hunter and Perry are attached at the hip, but they haven't had a steady runningmate all year. Everyone has been tried as the third guy at one point or another (keep in mind Dylan can play centre aswell, so I mean EVERYONE), but no one has really stuck, the way Sheppard did last year.

Bolland, Scremp and Prust have been used together alot this year, and going back to last year Bolland and Schremp spent time together. It's just my opinion, but I see Fritsche immediately being plugged into the top line.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Boomhower said:
Hunter and Perry are attached at the hip, they haven't had a steady runningmate all year. Everyone has been tried as the third guy at one point or another (keep in mind Dylan can play centre aswell, so I mean EVERYONE), but no one has really stuck, the way Sheppard did last year.

Bolland, Scremp and Prust have been used together alot this year, and going back to last year Bolland and Schremp spent time together. It's just my opinion, but I see Fritsche immediately being plugged into the top line.

Absolutely right on. Prust and Steadman had been on the top line w/ Perry and Hunter. I would have really liked to have seen Jeff Carter come to London, but hey I can't complain with Fritsche. I too see him playing on the top line with Perry and Hunter, WOW WOW WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

Perry is going to break the KNights all time point record for sure now. He needs roughly 55-60 points in the last 30 games.

One question, who is the number one goalie in London? Dennis or Coleman?
How old are these goalies? Will one of them be back next year? MacDonald was elgible next year but i'm not sure of the other 2.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
The KNIGHTS get STRONGER

Wow, add Fritsche and Dennis to the already undeniable #1 team in Canada. Who is going to stop them now? Not Owen Sound! Nobody in the Q will, who may have a shot at beating them in the Mem Cup finals (if London makes it, and I think they will).

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Absolutely right on. Prust and Steadman had been on the top line w/ Perry and Hunter.
Yeah, Steadman probably played the most games with them. (Prust only the odd time)
Thomson, Foreman, Schremp, Bolland and even AJ Perry and Drummond were tried with them in a couple of more recent games.

trahans99 said:
One question, who is the number one goalie in London? Dennis or Coleman?
How old are these goalies? Will one of them be back next year? MacDonald was elgible next year but i'm not sure of the other 2.

They're both 19 ('85), chances are one of them will be back next year as an overager. Tough to say which will be the starter, you'd have to lean towards Dennis, but I'm a Coleman supporter and think they'll alternate initially and see what happens from there. Either way, I'm happy Coleman was the one who stayed instead of MacDonald, even if he's relegated to backup.

Last edited:

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
Who ever comes from the west!!!

Seattle, Med Hat , Kelowna, Kootaney, Lethbridge, Calgary, Vancouver, Saskatoon. You pick. London would be a .500 team in the west.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
macleafs said:
Seattle, Med Hat , Kelowna, Kootaney, Lethbridge, Calgary, Vancouver, Saskatoon. You pick. London would be a .500 team in the west.

Haha you have to be joking me right? London would still be the best team in the WHL. They wouldn't be 35-2-2 but they'd probably be something like 30-7-2.

Either way i'll send you pics and live video from there Cup celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
London added better players to their roster..... and on paper are as close to unbeatable as you can get.

Dennis has Memorial Cup experience (albeit in a losing cause) and should be a good addition.

Hopefully for London's sake, Fritsche will play the way he did at the WJC... He wasn't a fan favourite in Sarnia.

I guess we'll know at the end of May whether these moves put London over the top.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:
London added better players to their roster..... and on paper are as close to unbeatable as you can get.

Dennis has Memorial Cup experience (albeit in a losing cause) and should be a good addition.

Hopefully for London's sake, Fritsche will play the way he did at the WJC... He wasn't a fan favourite in Sarnia.

I guess we'll know at the end of May whether these moves put London over the top.

He's high maintenance (or was in Sarnia), but if he's on the top line and the team is winning, than I don't think he'll have anything to complain about.

The Hunters usually do a lot of homework before pulling off trades for guys like this (including gaining permission to talk to the player and his agent/family), so I trust he's prepared to fit in and work hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad