Post-Game Talk: Frightening the Lightning 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Sounds like Samsonov is starting. This seems odd. TB has the sharp shooters and CLB does not. Sammy is going to be tested tonight to say the least. I’m confused on this decision by Todd.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Sounds like Samsonov is starting. This seems odd. TB has the sharp shooters and CLB does not. Sammy is going to be tested tonight to say the least. I’m confused on this decision by Todd.

Gotta see what the rook can do against good offenses at some point.

I’ll be in the house for the game tonight so I’m looking forward to seeing him play in person.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Gotta see what the rook can do against good offenses at some point.

I’ll be in the house for the game tonight so I’m looking forward to seeing him play in person.

Good points by both of you. Planning on great team defense to support solid play by Sammy. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Walrus play though.

Hopefully your boys go into their cave and escape injury free and victorious:

IMG_4338.GIF

Last edited:

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
I'm wondering how they will view Samsonov down the road if he gives up 10 tonight..

I

Holtby played in 24 games including his disaster vs Colorado and allowed 66 goals in these games. The 24 opposing teams scored 2385 goals in 773 games this season = 74.161 goals per 24 games.
Samsonov played in 10 games and allowed 24 goals in these games. The 10 opposing teams scored 952 goals in 326 games this season = 29.257 goals per 10 games.

II

Holtby allowed 0.34 less goals per game than League average.
Samsonov allowed 0.53 less goals per game than League average.

III

Samsonov is better than Holtby and Todd is 100% smart to play him vs better scoring teams.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I

Holtby played in 24 games including his disaster vs Colorado and allowed 66 goals in these games. The 24 opposing teams scored 2385 goals in 773 games this season = 74.161 goals per 24 games.
Samsonov played in 10 games and allowed 24 goals in these games. The 10 opposing teams scored 952 goals in 326 games this season = 29.257 goals per 10 games.

II

Holtby allowed 0.34 less goals per game than League average.
Samsonov allowed 0.53 less goals per game than League average.

III

Samsonov is better than Holtby and Todd is 100% smart to play him vs better scoring teams.
Good.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'm wondering how they will view Samsonov down the road if he gives up 10 tonight..

If they give up 10 then isn't it more likely that Samsonov gives up the first 3-4 and Holtby the rest?

We aren't the Habs. We don't leave our goalie hang out to dry when he's given up 8 goals in a game.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If they give up 10 then isn't it more likely that Samsonov gives up the first 3-4 and Holtby the rest?

We aren't the Habs. We don't leave our goalie hang out to dry when he's given up 8 goals in a game.
There's a possibility that Reirden would like to torture him for whole 60 minutes just to get some experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad