"Frightening hit, brawl mar Ukraine's win over Italy"

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
There was nothing to see from watching the game. Just a bunch of players gathered along the boards near the exit to the lockerrooms, pushing and shoving and yelling. I didn't see any fighting in the corridors.

And the "frightening hit" was the Ukrainian player getting hit with the puck while sitting on the bench... :shakehead

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Burgs said:
There was nothing to see from watching the game. Just a bunch of players gathered along the boards near the exit to the lockerrooms, pushing and shoving and yelling. I didn't see any fighting in the corridors.

And the "frightening hit" was the Ukrainian player getting hit with the puck while sitting on the bench... :shakehead

It was actually a Ukrainian player getting hit from behind along the boards, then collapsing on the bench.

aceshigh81

Aug 14, 2004
Finland
I read somewhere that Isayenko got somekind of punch in his throat during that contact, that´s why he collapsed.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Zherdev said:
It was actually a Ukrainian player getting hit from behind along the boards, then collapsing on the bench.

The IIHF website originally said it was from being it by a puck but they have since changed it to "With about eight minutes left on the clock, Ukrainian defenseman Denis Isayenko had to leave the game on a stretcher after being hit along the boards. Soon after getting to the bench, he collapsed."

The hit looked harmless enough to me so I believed them to be right with their first story. Anyways, here's hoping Isayenko gets well soon.

SopelFan*

They took the guy off on a stretcher and then he sat on the bench?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad