News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts: Habs Draft, Pacioretty, Jack Johnson & Mark Hunter

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Its unfortunate Bergy was completely blindsided by Markovs aging.

There was just no way to see this coming 6 yrs ago. Who woulda guessed there would be a major hole on LD
Markov would still be our best LD moving into next season...:confused:

Thanks Bergevin.

GM-620x349.jpg

giphy.gif

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Its unfortunate Bergy was completely blindsided by Markovs aging.

There was just no way to see this coming 6 yrs ago. Who woulda guessed there would be a major hole on LD

What are you talking about lol, and i am NOT defending bergevin on this, but he DID draft a super stud LD 2 years ago... he merely inexplicably traded it AWAY a year later lol... after trading away the franchise RD as well.

now the defense is in a mess, and he somehow still has a job lol after blatant mmiscues and botches...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jenkins seems to be ranked early 3rd-ish (around 70) so if Habs want him then #62 isn't much of a reach. They seem to like him.

In any case, it's a deep enough draft we could actually get a good prospect with that Washington pick.

I'm just going by what I'm hearing, some scouts didn't pay attention to him, others said he's a mid round pick so I'd say he is more a candidate for our 3rd.

Seem to like him by what info? They interviewed almost everyone at the combine and I'm sure some they didn't interview they have interest in but got their interviews elsewhere as a way of throwing off other teams.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Montreal, ideally needs a 1st pair LHD and a 2nd pair LHD.

And a 1st line center and a 2nd line center. It's not realistic to get all that from the free agent market and we don't have the assets to acquire all that via a trade. We will need to draft and development at the very least two of those.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And a 1st line center and a 2nd line center. It's not realistic to get all that from the free agent market and we don't have the assets to acquire all that via a trade. We will need to draft and development at the very least two of those.

And by that time Price and Weber are gone. Which is why they need everything and just rebuild proper.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
I would really want people to defend this move if it happens. Johnson at 6M$ per....wow. I guess their defense will be ''Well you wanted that the money would be spent...well here it is...'' lol

Yeah, I can't see anyone really defending that,I mean Ekman Larson is about to sign for a little over 2 million more... Then agaib when I get to think of it, a few names come to mind when it comes to defending the signing if it happens :D

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I was more than happy to acquire JJ but no way is he worth $6M per. If we could have got him at a discount I think he’d actually be quite good with Weber but I think he’s priced himself out. I think somewhere around $4M on a short term deal is reasonable as his production has been sliding for the past 3 years and he needs to show he’s worth the money. I’d probably offer a 2 year $8-$8.5M contract and the opportunity to play with Weber.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
What are you talking about lol, and i am NOT defending bergevin on this, but he DID draft a super stud LD 2 years ago... he merely inexplicably traded it AWAY a year later lol... after trading away the franchise RD as well.

now the defense is in a mess, and he somehow still has a job lol after blatant mmiscues and botches...

that actually proves the point he didnt see an issue at all. He actually trades a team weakness for a strength

Reactions: Redux91

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, I can't see anyone really defending that,I mean Ekman Larson is about to sign for a little over 2 million more... Then agaib when I get to think of it, a few names come to mind when it comes to defending the signing if it happens :D

Well, I'm defending these types of move if the term is 1 season only.

• It will allow to not rush young players.
  • These signed players would be in a better situation that elsewhere (like playing with Weber), therefore playing maybe a bit better, therefore having more value at the trade deadline.
  • Then trade them at the deadline for whatever you can get.

All in all, if the Jack Johnson's of the world agree to sign with Habs for 1 year, it could fasten the re-built in the end.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I really don't want any long term bad contracts. Signing Johnson doesn't really make sense to me. I'd rather trade a winger for a D.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
13: Please don't take Bouchard or Zadina. Please. Just let this miserable **** of a GM let his scouts do the picking.

14: NO GOD NO

15. Trade Patio-ready for EDM's 10th+ the Nuge or snag VAN's 7th.

29: Too smart to work for Marc

13. Zadina's pretty much the consensus among professional scouts...what's your point?

15. Either your drunk or overrate Patch's value

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad