Sportsnet: Friedman: "You can see he's unhappy, and you can see he and Dubas have different philosophies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
...or player effort.
If the coach is battling his players instead of teaching/coaching them, then he has no business behind the bench in todays NHL.

That approach to coaching stopped working a long time ago.

Expecting players to go through the wall for you when you are mind****ing them at every turn causes what we see today.

This is the wrong coach for this era.

Growler

May 16, 2018
What things has Dubas done with the Marlies that no other club has done before?
Much of it has been written about either in articles or various sites and blogs. This thread is all over the place talking about Babcock coaching deployments, Dubas philosophy, player contracts, trends, grit vs. skill etc. It's probably better to take that to a different thread.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
DOES NO ONE recall that Dubas has been around from the beginning. That he and Babcock have worked together for years????

Shanahan interviewed Dubas as well as others. If this dynamic of Babcock and Dubas was a real issue then Shanahan would not have made it happen.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
but yet again these articles come out when the team has one bad week all season. Where was this talk when the Leafs were lighting up the PP and the entire NHL???

Yes, winning does solve everything.

Reactions: AllDay28

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If the coach is battling his players instead of teaching/coaching them, then he has no business behind the bench in todays NHL.

Expecting players to go through the wall for you when you are mind****ing them at every turn causes what we see today.

Cool but lazy effort is in the players and we've seen plenty of that.

Funny thing is Babs comments are usually spot on. Effort and attention to detail are lacking. As much as I don't like some line choices, etc.. the major flaws are effort and decision making with this team.

Reactions: Bluelines

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
but yet again these articles come out when the team has one bad week all season. Where was this talk when the Leafs were lighting up the PP and the entire NHL???

Yes, winning does solve everything.
There's been talk of a rift for months, if not longer.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Which coach is battling his players? Examples of Leaf coaches mind f***ing their players?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

If it bleeds it leads, far be it from the Toronto paparazzi fanning the flames of a small match to further their careers and their clicks.

I have no doubt some players get butt hurt from time to time when the coach calls them out for dogging it, and I have no doubt they get their fur up about it but c'mon a "rift" how delicate are these snowflakes that they can't take some constructive criticism?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's a better team based on what? Doing poor than expected, expected by whom?
I wasn't the one who said it was a better team. But any team that replaces Bozak with Tavares, and Polak with Muzzin should be better, no?

How can you add 2 pros like that, have the kids be a year older and better, and not improve?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If it bleeds it leads, far be it from the Toronto paparazzi fanning the flames of a small match to further their careers and their clicks.

I have no doubt some players get butt hurt from time to time when the coach calls them out for dogging it, and I have no doubt they get their fur up about it but c'mon a "rift" how delicate are these snowflakes that they can't take some constructive criticism?
I'm talking about Babcock v. Dubas

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Or maybe there's a fight because the players aren't getting with the program. Two way street.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

been talks by who? nobodies with no info? lol. Elliott Friedman is one of the top guys to listen to and even he is wrong.

dont worry about the media or what they think. Theyre usually wrong. Especially with the LEafs.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
It's Sunday folks. instead of debating meaningless shit, go outside and enjoy the day

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Or maybe there's a fight because the players aren't getting with the program. Two way street.
Are the players the ones implementing the stretch pass offense with blowing the zone early?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
been talks by who? nobodies with no info? lol. Elliott Friedman is one of the top guys to listen to and even he is wrong.

dont worry about the media or what they think. Theyre usually wrong. Especially with the LEafs.
It's been speculated for a whole by the media. Call if BS if you want, but let's not pretend your information is any better than theirs.

Point is, this isn't out of left field

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wasn't the one who said it was a better team. But any team that replaces Bozak with Tavares, and Polak with Muzzin should be better, no?

How can you add 2 pros like that, have the kids be a year older and better, and not improve?

Well, Nylander was out for a quarter of the season and it took him another three months to get into gear. That had a disruptive impact. We also downgraded slightly on backup goaltending, lost a PP net front presence and we also lost a couple of those depth guys who played a role. Marleau got worse.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You mean he played better when he was playing with the adrenaline of a new team? Almost like that's common.
Or before Babcock fundamentally changed the way Muzzin plated to suit Babcock's wishes?

Coach the players you have to maximize their abilities. He can only do that with Team Canada rosters.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
It's been speculated for a whole by the media. Call if BS if you want, but let's not pretend your information is any better than theirs.

Point is, this isn't out of left field

My information is about the same as the medias. I know people who work in the media.. oOoOoO does that increase my clout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad