Rumor: Friedman: “Habs management has been told to rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
anybody who thinks he cannot have many more vezina trophy caliber seasons,when you see goalies like Luongo playing great and he is 39....then those people simply do not know hockey.

goalies like Luongo don't have re-occuring injuries every year.....your dreaming if you think Price is ever in vezina contention again, those days are over for him

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
In my opinion the Flyers jump on Price, they desperately need a goalie and their window is closing.

What? If anything Flyers window is opening. Giroux is not their window. They have a ton of young prospects coming up especially at the forward position.

They also have some good goaltending prospects now. I don't see them being interested in Price this year. They'll see what they have in Carter Hart first.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
If I am a team like Philly, Florida, Arizona, Vancouver, CGY, St-Louis, and especially Buffalo-Edmonton, I would be 100% in full support. Absolutely I would take on that risk. Every single day.
Great post KrissE but the worst thing about Price contract is his NMC.. even if those teams are ready To pay through the nose for Price, if Price doesnt want To go to those teams it's all moot

Reactions: stanley25

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Because they weren't great prospects to begin with.

The Avs were stacked with young good players like Forsberg and we got a bunch of also-rans and no first picks. It was a massive rip off.

That trade was aa f***in joke. We got nothing from them, and we threw in Keaner. For what? Kovalenko? :facepalm:

Houle was just awful. We handed Colorado the Stanley Cup with Roy.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Good post...

I don't ever think the Habs would trade Carey Price though, unless of course he asked for a trade. I just can't see it.

This organization/city loves to glamorize the position of goaltender. I can't see it personally.
I don't think Bergevin would ever move him. As dumb and clueless I think he is, he definitely is aware that his team goes as Price goes.
So if he trades him, forget it. Especially now, he will not get a return that could have a better positive affect on this team than if Price bounces back. So he will stick with him.

A new GM, I could see pull trigger.

Reactions: 417

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Of course they would, because Hart is just a junior prospect, and the are many others before him who've had monster seasons and became nothing.

Philly has been struggling for decades to find a goalie. One of the best goalies in the league becomes available and you think they pass up on that because they have a 19yo goalie who did very well in the juniors?
Lol. I strongly doubt that.

Yes. First of all, they've been burned by going after big money goaltending more than once. Quick fixes haven't worked out for them in the past and the fanbase remembers that well. Imagine Montreal trying a Gomez-like trade again. Second, they aren't in a rush. They have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL and have a number of good young players already on the roster. Third, Carter Hart isn't just some 19 year old goalie that "did very well in junior". He's a two-time CHL goalie of the year, three-time WHL goalie of the year, one time WHL player of the year, and had the best save % in the WHL since they started giving out awards for that. He's not a sure thing at all, but he's about as good a goalie prospect as anyone is going to find. They aren't going to lock into Price for 8 years until they have a better idea of what Hart will become.

Reactions: Peanut

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Great post KrissE but the worst thing about Price contract is his NMC.. even if those teams are ready To pay through the nose for Price, if Price doesnt want To go to those teams it's all moot
That's possible, but it's another matter. We could say the same for every player with a NTC.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yes. First of all, they've been burned by going after big money goaltending more than once. Quick fixes haven't worked out for them in the past and the fanbase remembers that well. Imagine Montreal trying a Gomez-like trade again. Second, they aren't in a rush. They have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL and have a number of good young players already on the roster. Third, Carter Hart isn't just some 19 year old goalie that "did very well in junior". He's a two-time CHL goalie of the year, three-time WHL goalie of the year, one time WHL player of the year, and had the best save % in the WHL since they started giving out awards for that. He's not a sure thing at all, but he's about as good a goalie prospect as anyone is going to find. They aren't going to lock into Price for 8 years until they have a better idea of what Hart will become.

1) They have never even gotten close to getting a goalie of Price's caliber, and he isn't a ''quick'' fix. He is a possible medium-longterm solution.

2) Your Gomez analogy doesn't make much sense. Gomez was never regarded as one of the best top centers in the NHL, arguably the best one. A couple years ago, Price was not only labeled as the best goalie in the league, he was in the discussion as the best player, period. I mean...Gomez? Come on now.
A lot of people back then wouldn't even view Gomez as a better center than Koivu.
That said, the biggest knock on the Gomez trade came from what we paid, which is what I mentioned as the only real concern for Philly.
A better analogy might be Giroux. He had a bad season and a huge contract to his name. I said it last summer, we should have targeted him (and I would have offered Price back then).

3) Not in a rush? That would be like saying the Habs aren't in a rush to get a top center. If we have the chance to land us a legit top line center, we aren't passing this up. Just like the Flyers wouldn't pass up on the possibility of landing one of the best goalies in the NHL.
Now, if Habs are asking for the moon, well that's an entire different issue.

4) Pump up Carter Hart all you want, he is still a 19yo prospect and goalies are not centers or wingers. They don't make the NHL straight out of juniors are become super awesome off the bat. Take Price, as good as he was out of juniors, he was inconsistent and it took him quite some time to get into his groove.
They could bring in Price to be the #1 goalie for next 4 years, he would be the perfect mentor for Hart as well. With Price there, they could do much better than 3 POs in 6 years with 0 first round wins.

I am not saying Philly would pay the moon for Price, but to suggest they wouldn't be interested to me is pretty funny. Would be like us saying we wouldn't be interested if Jonathan Toews became available.
I wouldn't want to give up the moon for him, but I'd definitely bring him on board for the right price.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
1) They have never even gotten close to getting a goalie of Price's caliber, and he isn't a ''quick'' fix. He is a possible medium-longterm solution.

Whose contract significantly effects the Flyers' ability to make other moves. He's a quick fix in the sense that he's an acquisition that they plug in there right away. A fix to a problem acquired quickly. Quick fixes aren't inherently bad, they're fast.

2) Your Gomez analogy doesn't make much sense. Gomez was never regarded as one of the best top centers in the NHL, arguably the best one. A couple years ago, Price was not only labeled as the best goalie in the league, he was in the discussion as the best player, period. I mean...Gomez? Come on now.
A lot of people back then wouldn't even view Gomez as a better center than Koivu.
That said, the biggest knock on the Gomez trade came from what we paid, which is what I mentioned as the only real concern for Philly.
A better analogy might be Giroux. He had a bad season and a huge contract to his name. I said it last summer, we should have targeted him (and I would have offered Price back then).

Gomez was an expensive acquisition meant to fix Montreal's center ice position. And the biggest knock wasn't just the price Gomez costed, it was his contract. It affected Montreal's ability to deal with the other issues facing the team. Its easy to forget with the passage of time and the fact that the league gave Montreal a get out of jail free card, but his contract was legitimately terrible. He had a worse cap hit than Bobby Ryan does now, when the cap was much smaller. Even if the trade didn't work out

And Giroux is no longer a center and is utilized very carefully to be effective in Philly (in a way Montreal can't, unless they have a high-end two-way center I don't know about), so how would he have helped Montreal exactly?

3) Not in a rush? That would be like saying the Habs aren't in a rush to get a top center. If we have the chance to land us a legit top line center, we aren't passing this up. Just like the Flyers wouldn't pass up on the possibility of landing one of the best goalies in the NHL.
Now, if Habs are asking for the moon, well that's an entire different issue.

Well, first of all, there's no chance Bergevin would trade Price without him playing a year on his new contract. Not without a big return. His pride wouldn't let him.

Second of all, the Flyers under Hextall are really cautious. They're doing a slow build. They aren't rushing. And they'd absolutely pass on trading for one of the best goalies in the NHL if his contract impedes them from ever playing Hart and making other moves they need to make.

4) Pump up Carter Hart all you want, he is still a 19yo prospect and goalies are not centers or wingers. They don't make the NHL straight out of juniors are become super awesome off the bat. Take Price, as good as he was out of juniors, he was inconsistent and it took him quite some time to get into his groove.
They could bring in Price to be the #1 goalie for next 4 years, he would be the perfect mentor for Hart as well. With Price there, they could do much better than 3 POs in 6 years with 0 first round wins.

Not every GM is like Bergevin, hell-bent on making the play-offs where anything can happen. A lot like to have vision and build a roster.

Price played 41 games in the NHL at age 20 and had a .920 save percentage. Hart could do that too. My point is Philly doesn't know what he's ready for, but they aren't going to make a massive move until they have a better idea. That's how you sign Bryzgalov and trade away Bobrovsky.

And what happens in 4 years? They have a 34 year old Price with a massive cap hit blocking the goalie they want to be the starter.

I am not saying Philly would pay the moon for Price, but to suggest they wouldn't be interested to me is pretty funny. Would be like us saying we wouldn't be interested if Jonathan Toews became available.
I wouldn't want to give up the moon for him, but I'd definitely bring him on board for the right price.

You think Montreal, if they had one of the best center prospects in the NHL and a team trending up would pay the cost of Toews if he were available? Bergevin might, but not a GM with a vision.

Reactions: Peanut

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
What? If anything Flyers window is opening. Giroux is not their window. They have a ton of young prospects coming up especially at the forward position.

They also have some good goaltending prospects now. I don't see them being interested in Price this year. They'll see what they have in Carter Hart first.
I disagree, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, this is a big window for them, they want to win soon not piss these guys away. They need a real elite goalie, not some rookies, they don't have the team to rely on that. I believe they jump on Price if they could.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I disagree, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, this is a big window for them, they want to win soon not piss these guys away. They need a real elite goalie, not some rookies, they don't have the team to rely on that. I believe they jump on Price if they could.

I bet you they wished Hart was a bit older and NHL ready. They appear to have a gap and need someone for a few years in net.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Giroux & Voracek are in their prime for a few more years yet & signed long term. If anything they're building around Couturier now. They've got Cap space & talented young players up the gazoo.

If anything they're looking for D. They have 2 firsts, a fistful of cap room & lots of prospects. They'll be in play, but not for Price. You wait a year & see how Hart does. If he craps the bed next year then you look at a big play like that.

I can see them being a team that tries to sign Michael Hutchinson. At worst he gives you a solid 1A if you do need to bring in another starter.

If Habs shit the bed next year too chances are both Price and Montreal will agree to a trade. Philadelphia would be a great destination at that time if they feel they need a #1 goalie.

Neither team will consider it this year.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Oh that argument :shakehead:

More often than not those saying **** like "those people simply do not know hockey" are the ones who know nothing about it and arent knowlegable enough To argue so they say bull**** like that
Oh that argument gutless coward people saying Price is finished at 31 and then when he dominates next year you will not hear a peep from those clueless cowards.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Whose contract significantly effects the Flyers' ability to make other moves. He's a quick fix in the sense that he's an acquisition that they plug in there right away. A fix to a problem acquired quickly. Quick fixes aren't inherently bad, they're fast.
So he would quickly fix their problem. Okay, so....ya...their response to that is..let's not get him?

Gomez was an expensive acquisition meant to fix Montreal's center ice position. And the biggest knock wasn't just the price Gomez costed, it was his contract. It affected Montreal's ability to deal with the other issues facing the team. Its easy to forget with the passage of time and the fact that the league gave Montreal a get out of jail free card, but his contract was legitimately terrible. He had a worse cap hit than Bobby Ryan does now, when the cap was much smaller. Even if the trade didn't work out

And Giroux is no longer a center and is utilized very carefully to be effective in Philly (in a way Montreal can't, unless they have a high-end two-way center I don't know about), so how would he have helped Montreal exactly?
Who exactly thought Gomez would fix the center situation? Did you? Because a whole lot of people were against this right from the start as they did not view Gomez as a legit top center.
The same cannot be said for Price.

You are being disingenious here by refusing to notice the massive gap in talent each player held/hold at their respective position.

Price is still regarded as one of the best goalies in the league. That was not the case for Gomez.

Well, first of all, there's no chance Bergevin would trade Price without him playing a year on his new contract. Not without a big return. His pride wouldn't let him.

Second of all, the Flyers under Hextall are really cautious. They're doing a slow build. They aren't rushing. And they'd absolutely pass on trading for one of the best goalies in the NHL if his contract impedes them from ever playing Hart and making other moves they need to make.

Whether Bergevin is interested or not is irrelevant to the current discussion.
As for the Flyers, no idea what you are talking about. Giroux is 30 and has an extra 4 years. They have a good group of youngsters and currently sit with 17M in free space. If they can get a chance to, as you call it, "quickly fix" their goaltending problem, it makes no sense for them to pass up on it.
Signing Price would not prevent them from doing anything. They have more than enough cap space and if the cap goes up to the rumored 82M, they'd have an extra 10M to play with.
Having Price isn't going to prevent them from using Hart. It would allow them to be even more patient with him, which is fine for goaltenders, and they'd have one of the best goalies in the NHL to work with the kid.

I mean honestly, it's absolutely win-win for the Flyers. The only way this wouldn't make sense is if Montreal asked for the moon, but that is not what you are saying.

Not every GM is like Bergevin, hell-bent on making the play-offs where anything can happen. A lot like to have vision and build a roster.

Price played 41 games in the NHL at age 20 and had a .920 save percentage. Hart could do that too. My point is Philly doesn't know what he's ready for, but they aren't going to make a massive move until they have a better idea. That's how you sign Bryzgalov and trade away Bobrovsky.

And what happens in 4 years? They have a 34 year old Price with a massive cap hit blocking the goalie they want to be the starter.

Your analogies are pretty bad. You use lesser players to make your points.
Bryzgalov was never considered to be one of the best goalies in the NHL.
Price was brought in as a rookie, yes, and we sent him down to the AHL. As good as he was, he wasn't ready to be a legit starter. We traded Huet, Price crumbled in the POs vs the same Flyers, the following two years, the top role was given to him and he didn't do particularly well and was quite bad in the POs, he also lost his starting role to Halak.
Honestly, not sure how you think using Price as a reference is somehow an argument for you. Price would have absolutely benefited from playing behind a solid veteran to start his career.

In 4 years they can worry about Price then. Maybe Hart can't even get passed the AHL. What then? They passed up on one of the best goalies in the NHL for....a kid who never even made it?
What if Price is still excellent just like Henrik Lundqvist still was, and you can still move him. Claude Giroux will also come off the cap in 4 years, will he be just as good or in for a massive decrease in pay...
Who freaking knows.
What matters is they would have an opportunity to finally fix their goaltending woes.

You think Montreal, if they had one of the best center prospects in the NHL and a team trending up would pay the cost of Toews if he were available? Bergevin might, but not a GM with a vision.
The best center prospect of the NHL usually makes it straight from the draft.
If the best center prospect is a guy like Kot this year, then ya, I think you go for Toews.
If the best center prospect is a guy like Matthews or McDavid, then it's a different question. But even then, having McDavid+Toews would be incredibly excellent.
Alas, we are not talking about centers, we are talking about goaltenders and the goalie prospects are nowhere near centers. So again, poor analogy.

Also, this has been turned into a Flyers discussion. I mean, you don't think the Flyers would be interested. Okay, I disagree, but whatever. There still is Buffalo, Edmonton, Arizona, Florida, St-Louis and others that could very well be.

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Where do you come up with this stuff?

1st rounders have always had value. And we used to have a GM who understood this. And its no coincidence that under him we won multiple championships and built a dynasty.

In the 90's 1st rounders were not the same as they were today. That was pre cap era where rich teams used poor teams as their AAA franchises practically.

Great example is QC and Lindros. Its extremely rare that a team would trade is 1st overall in today's league, let alone a Crosby/McDavid one. Yet Philly was able to BUY the 1st OVA pick.

You can't compare draft value in the 90's to today heck there was 9 rounds back then compared to 7 today.

Interesting on the Roy trade Habs got a guy who was PPG and another who had 17 Goals. Following year 28 G from Rucinsky and Kovalenko had 32 G. Ruckinsky ended up scoring 20 G in 4 of the 6 seasons here and the 5th would of been 20 if he played the full season.

Why the habs traded Kovalenko for useless Thorton I don't know. Kovalenko never lived up to his hype but he was decent for the next few seasons.

Of course it doesn't compare to a 2 x cup winning and Conn smyth HOF goalie but if you have a gun to your head getting a hyped goalie (all french goalies were hyped back then) and a PPG Czech and 25-30 G Russian its in context not that bad.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
So he would quickly fix their problem. Okay, so....ya...their response to that is..let's not get him?

Who exactly thought Gomez would fix the center situation? Did you? Because a whole lot of people were against this right from the start as they did not view Gomez as a legit top center.
The same cannot be said for Price.

You are being disingenious here by refusing to notice the massive gap in talent each player held/hold at their respective position.

Price is still regarded as one of the best goalies in the league. That was not the case for Gomez.

What I believed doesn't matter, its what the Habs believed. But the Flyers front office has been building slowly.

And if we're talking about what fans believe, try to bring up Price with Flyer fans. I dare you.

Whether Bergevin is interested or not is irrelevant to the current discussion.
As for the Flyers, no idea what you are talking about. Giroux is 30 and has an extra 4 years. They have a good group of youngsters and currently sit with 17M in free space. If they can get a chance to, as you call it, "quickly fix" their goaltending problem, it makes no sense for them to pass up on it.
Signing Price would not prevent them from doing anything. They have more than enough cap space and if the cap goes up to the rumored 82M, they'd have an extra 10M to play with.
Having Price isn't going to prevent them from using Hart. It would allow them to be even more patient with him, which is fine for goaltenders, and they'd have one of the best goalies in the NHL to work with the kid.

I mean honestly, it's absolutely win-win for the Flyers. The only way this wouldn't make sense is if Montreal asked for the moon, but that is not what you are saying.

Your analogies are pretty bad. You use lesser players to make your points.
Bryzgalov was never considered to be one of the best goalies in the NHL.
Price was brought in as a rookie, yes, and we sent him down to the AHL. As good as he was, he wasn't ready to be a legit starter. We traded Huet, Price crumbled in the POs vs the same Flyers, the following two years, the top role was given to him and he didn't do particularly well and was quite bad in the POs, he also lost his starting role to Halak.
Honestly, not sure how you think using Price as a reference is somehow an argument for you. Price would have absolutely benefited from playing behind a solid veteran to start his career.

In 4 years they can worry about Price then. Maybe Hart can't even get passed the AHL. What then? They passed up on one of the best goalies in the NHL for....a kid who never even made it?
What if Price is still excellent just like Henrik Lundqvist still was, and you can still move him. Claude Giroux will also come off the cap in 4 years, will he be just as good or in for a massive decrease in pay...
Who freaking knows.
What matters is they would have an opportunity to finally fix their goaltending woes.

The best center prospect of the NHL usually makes it straight from the draft.
If the best center prospect is a guy like Kot this year, then ya, I think you go for Toews.
If the best center prospect is a guy like Matthews or McDavid, then it's a different question. But even then, having McDavid+Toews would be incredibly excellent.
Alas, we are not talking about centers, we are talking about goaltenders and the goalie prospects are nowhere near centers. So again, poor analogy.

First of all, it is what I'm saying. And you can't remove what the GM would likely do or want from a hypothetical trade scenario.

Like, your entire premise is that Price will be cheap and the Flyers will jump on a 30 year old goalie with a NMC, injury issues and is coming off a bad season. Which is a frankly crazy premise in the first place.

We think and hope Price will bounce back. But it isn't certain. Two seasons prior to the trade, Gomez was a 70 point center. The amount of risk the Flyers would be assuming is massive.

You're also conveniently forgetting the Seattle expansion draft. If the expansion draft is in 2021 or later (and that's pretty likely) and Hart turns pro this upcoming season (and he likely will, since he has nothing left to prove in the WHL and he's not going to go to Europe) then the Flyers will have to protect Price and expose Hart.

And if you're invoking the goalies and centers comparison, then let me point out that goalies are also worth a lot less and Price's place as the top goalie is very much in doubt, even if he bounces back.

Sure, Philly would take a look at Price if the cost was cheap, they could dump someone like MacDonald +. But That's not a realistic scenario. Its like if Chicago was offering Toews.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Does anyone remember why Rucinsky and Kovalenko fell off a cliff?

I wouldn't say fell off a cliff.

Rucinksy never reached his PPG high, but he had 28G the following season. And for 4 out of the 6 seasons he was here he had 20 G. the 5th season had he played the full season he would of had 20G+.

Kovalenko had 17 G when traded here and 32 the next season, but for EDM. He was traded for useless Thorton probably because Molson was too cheap. Kovalenko ended up being about a 50 point guy or so but didn't play full seasons.

Their best seasons were the traded and following season and then they never reached those highs again.

Reactions: DAChampion

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What I believed doesn't matter, its what the Habs believed. But the Flyers front office has been building slowly.

And if we're talking about what fans believe, try to bring up Price with Flyer fans. I dare you.

First of all, it is what I'm saying. And you can't remove what the GM would likely do or want from a hypothetical trade scenario.

Like, your entire premise is that Price will be cheap and the Flyers will jump on a 30 year old goalie with a NMC, injury issues and is coming off a bad season. Which is a frankly crazy premise in the first place.

We think and hope Price will bounce back. But it isn't certain. Two seasons prior to the trade, Gomez was a 70 point center. The amount of risk the Flyers would be assuming is massive.

You're also conveniently forgetting the Seattle expansion draft. If the expansion draft is in 2021 or later (and that's pretty likely) and Hart turns pro this upcoming season (and he likely will, since he has nothing left to prove in the WHL and he's not going to go to Europe) then the Flyers will have to protect Price and expose Hart.

And if you're invoking the goalies and centers comparison, then let me point out that goalies are also worth a lot less and Price's place as the top goalie is very much in doubt, even if he bounces back.

Sure, Philly would take a look at Price if the cost was cheap, they could dump someone like MacDonald +. But That's not a realistic scenario. Its like if Chicago was offering Toews.

Funny, in a previous post of yours you told me how Hart is not just a 19yo goalie, yet right now you do the same with Price. He's not just a 30yo goalie, he's arguably one of the best goalies in the league. Up until recently, he was in discussions about being the best player period.
Funny how that goes...

And of course we can remove what our current GM would do because nobody here thinks Bergevin is going to trade him. That was not the discussion. What was being discussed is if Price had any value, if he's tradable and if teams would be interested.
If you want to talk about Bergevin then we can stop discussing Price as he isn't moving anywhere.

My entire premise isn't that Price would come cheap and Flyers would jump on it.
My point was that teams, including the Flyers, could be interested in getting a legit top goalie. I brought up many teams in my original post, which you ignored and narrowed in on the Flyers.

There isn't much of a discussion going on anyways here, you don't think Flyers would be interested. I do, but as I said, fine, no point in going in circles about yes or no. Remove them from the discussion. It still leaves plenty of other teams that could very well be.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Funny, in a previous post of yours you told me how Hart is not just a 19yo goalie, yet right now you do the same with Price. He's not just a 30yo goalie, he's arguably one of the best goalies in the league. Up until recently, he was in discussions about being the best player period.
Funny how that goes...

And of course we can remove what our current GM would do because nobody here thinks Bergevin is going to trade him. That was not the discussion. What was being discussed is if Price had any value, if he's tradable and if teams would be interested.
If you want to talk about Bergevin then we can stop discussing Price as he isn't moving anywhere.

My entire premise isn't that Price would come cheap and Flyers would jump on it.
My point was that teams, including the Flyers, could be interested in getting a legit top goalie. I brought up many teams in my original post, which you ignored and narrowed in on the Flyers.

There isn't much of a discussion going on anyways here, you don't think Flyers would be interested. I do, but as I said, fine, no point in going in circles about yes or no. Remove them from the discussion. It still leaves plenty of other teams that could very well be.

I narrowed in on the Flyers, since I don't think they'd be interested. Based on where they are and their present assets. I didn't disagree with the rest, I'm specifically talking about the Flyers.

Price was legitimately awful last year. And he's now 3 seasons away from being a top-5 player in the NHL. with injury concerns. I think he'll bounce back somewhat, but his value is not what it once was and interest will adjust accordingly.

Again, get an idea from their fans, but I don't think you're likely to see much interest, if any, in Price. Regardless of return.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
With all this Roy talk, I wonder if COL would of won a cup or two without that trade. Maybe they get another goalie? I mean those teams were still stacked even without Roy. I doubt they win the one where he won the Conn Smyth, but I think they still could of won 1 cup without Roy if they got another top 10 goalie.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
With all this Roy talk, I wonder if COL would of won a cup or two without that trade. Maybe they get another goalie? I mean those teams were still stacked even without Roy. I doubt they win the one where he won the Conn Smyth, but I think they still could of won 1 cup without Roy if they got another top 10 goalie.
2 cups > 1 Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad