GDT: Friday on Long Island: CGY at NYI 5PM MT on SNW

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I wonder if he'll ride his current play towards improving upon his consistency. It just always feels like any game could be the one where the bottom falls out, no matter how well he's been playing prior.

Well, thinking back to last year, the more he played he just got better and better. Problem this year is he's had one bad game and the hook has come out, then he takes a while to get back in rhythm in spot starts.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Well, thinking back to last year, the more he played he just got better and better. Problem this year is he's had one bad game and the hook has come out, then he takes a while to get back in rhythm in spot starts.

This is what I've said. Plus he's had injuries this year so I think it's been a challenge for him to get in a rhythm. Really no one has outright seized the job. Both have had comparable stretches where they are playing at an extremely high level. I will say though, Hiller has done it for longer this year.

May 27, 2012
Earth
It was very blasphemous of me. I bought a Wii U and played Mario 3d world and Mario Kart 8 instead of watching hockey.

Please forgive me, Harvey!

Inapt

Oct 23, 2012
IMO, they have the best 4th line in the NHL. When Okposo is back, they're in the conversation to have the best topline. They have a great D, I love the style they play and Halak has been great this season.

aww thanks calgary fans! Really appreciate it honestly. Hope you guys get back to the playoffs shortly. With the rebuild seeming going pretty well for you guys, shouldn't take too long!

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Just thought I'd note that Jaro Halak -- in his first season with the Isles -- has set a new team record for wins in a season, with last nights victory over Calgary.. plenty of time left in the year to add to that total. What a great year for the Islanders, you know they're really going for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad