WWE: Friday Night Smackdown: Mockdraft 3:16 And screw all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
So Rollins couldn't beat the Fiend with a million stomps.

I hope they aren't building him up to be this unstoppable force to have Reigns hit a superman punch and spear to win

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Could you imagine being on the flight from SA back to America only to have to go back overseas..... at your own expense? :laugh:
I may be wrong, but they may be covered for the international trips.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I still think the WWE should cover their talent's travel expenses. I've worked contract jobs before where my expenses were covered.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They should just brawl for 2 hours on every show leading up to Survivor Series

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hope everybody here saw me tonight on the Main Event show. In my defense I was battling the flu and I twisted my ankle on the way to the ring. But I'll get my revenge on Mojo Rawley one of these days. :mad:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What's the consensus on the invasion angles? Seems kind of slapdash if you ask me. At least in the past (WCW angle) had a back story. This just seems to be invasions for invasions sake.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What's the consensus on the invasion angles? Seems kind of slapdash if you ask me. At least in the past (WCW angle) had a back story. This just seems to be invasions for invasions sake.

Seems like this is how it will be moving forward with "themed" pay-per-views in the annual calendar. 4 years running now they've done this faux brand invasion stuff for the month leading up to Survivor Series. And every time the very next night they act like this "invasion" never happened. At least on Raw last night they played off it a bit, but they can't see how incredibly phony these brand wars come across when they really don't lead anywhere in terms of story. Just annual one-and-dones. Just awful. The entire pay-per-view schedule needs to be revamped to remove themed pay-per-views (excluding the Rumble) so they can start telling actual stories that have a beginning, middle, and an end. Even the Rumble I would change to have the winner get a guaranteed title shot rather than the main event at Wrestlemania, as that's also a story that has been told countless times and has gone stale IMO.

Reactions: les Habs

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Seems like this is how it will be moving forward with "themed" pay-per-views in the annual calendar. 4 years running now they've done this faux brand invasion stuff for the month leading up to Survivor Series. And every time the very next night they act like this "invasion" never happened. At least on Raw last night they played off it a bit, but they can't see how incredibly phony these brand wars come across when they really don't lead anywhere in terms of story. Just annual one-and-dones. Just awful. The entire pay-per-view schedule needs to be revamped to remove themed pay-per-views (excluding the Rumble) so they can start telling actual stories that have a beginning, middle, and an end. Even the Rumble I would change to have the winner get a guaranteed title shot rather than the main event at Wrestlemania, as that's also a story that has been told countless times and has gone stale IMO.

I always felt like the WWe should make the brand split completely separate and that includes PPVs like the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. The idea that Raw and Smackdown are 2 different brands is ridiculous. Since they tried doing the brand split almost 20 years ago, they never really did much to make either show feel like it was a completely different entity

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I always felt like the WWe should make the brand split completely separate and that includes PPVs like the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. The idea that Raw and Smackdown are 2 different brands is ridiculous. Since they tried doing the brand split almost 20 years ago, they never really did much to make either show feel like it was a completely different entity

I agree, not just make it a permanent split, but stop this draft or shuffle nonsense every year and keep the rosters consistent for awhile let each brand gain traction. Treat them differently, market them differently. And I don't just mean red ropes vs. blue ropes or red set vs. blue set. But distinctive presentations and wrestling styles. The fact is, MOST fans don't have the time to invest into Raw, SD, NXT every week, let alone monthly PPVs. Make each brands product distinctive from each other and let the fans choose which to watch, because most only have a couple hours a week to devote to watching wrestling. Instead they have this homogeneous product that is basically 7 hours (+ PPVs) a week of essentially the same thing (although I admit NXT has some of it's own distinctive flavour).

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I agree, not just make it a permanent split, but stop this draft or shuffle nonsense every year and keep the rosters consistent for awhile let each brand gain traction.

I think it's a case that every 3-4 months you can switch 1 or 2 people on the roster but don't do it with the draft, just have a person randomly show up on Raw or Smackdown one week, or you can even do it like the 80s/90s where you sort of built up somebody coming to the WWF with a bunch of vinettes.

I always feel like the WWe didn't take the risk of going full blown brand split because they felt that in the big picture it was to risky in terms of profits(ie much easier to cover costs when both products are produced by the same group of people at all levels, which includes travel crews who set up the ring)

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think it's a case that every 3-4 months you can switch 1 or 2 people on the roster but don't do it with the draft, just have a person randomly show up on Raw or Smackdown one week, or you can even do it like the 80s/90s where you sort of built up somebody coming to the WWF with a bunch of vinettes.

I always feel like the WWe didn't take the risk of going full blown brand split because they felt that in the big picture it was to risky in terms of profits(ie much easier to cover costs when both products are produced by the same group of people at all levels, which includes travel crews who set up the ring)

Yup, make it so when they do have a worker switch brands, make it special. Now formalized draft or shake-up, just have them switch and write a reasonable storyline reason why.

I'm old enough to remember when guys like Big Show, Jericho, the Radicalz, Flair, etc. showed up unexpectedly on RAW, it was a big deal and great surprise gave it that feel of anything can happen. Now guys showing up on their "off-brand" is really nothing special or unique.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I used to like the random wrestler movements during the first brand extension. Now though it seems like they move for the sake of moving which is to bad.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alexa having her eye lashes ripped off is a new one for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad